lost

"You have a visitor."

You slowly sat up, you saw the bars infront of you and were shocked.

I'm in prison?

"Quick."

You turned to the direction of the voice, adjusting your eyes to the dark, you can briefly make up a figure of a policeman.

Still confused, you stood up and followed the policeman.

The moment he opened the door, you saw Edgeworth sitting opposite you, with only the bars separating the both of you. His arms crossed, his fingers impatiently tapping on his arm while waiting for you to come out.

Immediately after you saw him, you quickly ran towards him. You gripped onto the bars, slightly shaking it in the process.

"H-Hey, How long is my sentence?! What did I do? Will they h-h-hang me to death??? Istillhaven'texperienceyoungloveyet!!!" You sputtered.

"Calm down. You're just placed here as a suspect, and you're most certainly not going to die!" He assured you.

"I-I'm not going to...die?" You said in relief as you sat down.

"And what do toy mean by 'suspect'?" You faltered.

"Do you not remember anything at all?"

"A little? I think I saw, oh, I DID saw my landlady dead on the floor, and I screamed then fainted," you fretted.

"I did just got accused for..murder, didn't I?" You quavered.

"You could say so, but don't worry. I'll bring justice to your name, alright?" He calmed you down.

"Y-Yea.." Your eyes were teary, you were so scared and afraid. It felt like that very day when you were left alone. Dark and alone.

Both of you parted ways, and you tried to catch back on your sleep since he rushed down at 12:30a.m. to see you.

Your will be in court at 10:00a.m.

A few hours past and you were already in the defendant lobby.

"Phoneix, you think I'll be able to get out of here??" You shuddered.

"Don't worry. We'll get you out of this!"

You smiled.

You looked around the lobby, and failed to find where Edgeworth is. At this point, you just needed to see Edgeworth so that you could calm down.

Yet, his nowhere to be seen.

It's time to enter the courtroom.

[Y/n]'s Murder Case Trial
C A S E : Murder of The Landlady
W E A P O N : Bookshelf
T I M E O F D E A T H : 8:33p.m.
D E F E N D A N T : [Y/n] [L/n]
A T T O R N E Y : Phoneix Wright & Maya Fey
P R O S E C U T O R : Miles Edgeworth

Wait.

Prosecutor....Miles..Edgeworth..?

H-Huh?

Your eyes widen in shock.

You couldn't believe this.

"Even if the world is against you, I won't leave you."

It was just yesterday when he said this, and it was today when he did the opposite.

Throughout the whole trial, you could hardly control your emotions.

In your testimony, you were bursting into tears when Edgeworth was questioning you.

"Where were you last night?"

"Not home."

"Who can assure your words?"

"You."

"H-Huh?" Phoenix exclaimed.

"I was with you yesterday having dinner together, and today you're questioning me? I'm amazed."

"I-"

You kept quiet, not sure of what to say anymore.

The scene kept replaying in your head as you took the public transport home.

You managed to get your name cleared and to get the real murderer captured, but knowing that Edgeworth is your trial's prosecutor today hurt you deeply.

From : Miles
Hey.
I'm sorry about today.
Please let me explain myself.
I'll be waiting for you outside your house.
»» MESSAGE DELIVERED

You ignored the notifications and texts you're receiving from a certain someone.

You had to change places temporary since the rented house was kept out to public for a certain amount of time.

Which meant you had to update your new address to your boss, Edgeworth. Speaking of the devil, he was waiting outside your door.

He turned behind and saw you walking up to him.

"[Y/n]," his voice turned soft.

You glared at him, walking past him and pulling the door open.

You land your eyes on him again, slamming the door on him.

You refused to see him as you were still holding grudges towards him.

"[Y/n], please come out and listen to me," he tried to reason himself.

"Leave me alone," you shouted at him.

Disappointment.

Frustration.

Anger.

Hurt.

Damaged.

Annoyance.

That's all you could feel.