please

Bring Bring

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. You lazily moved your hand over to the bedside desk and grabbed your phone.

You glanced at the caller ID and it was an unknown number, you picked up the call.

"Hello..?" You sounded dead, rubbing your tired eyes before tossing your futon aside and sitting up on your bed.

"You're late," the person on the other side said.

"Who is this?" You questioned.

"Your boss. Miles Edgeworth."

"Don't bluff me, why would he have my number? I'm leaving goodbye." You took your phone away from your ear prepared to end the call.

"In case you didn't know, I have all your details as well as where you live. If you do not want me come knocking down your house door, then you better report to the office in 10 minutes time," with that the call ended.

You were puzzled. You checked the time and realised that you were indeed late, you had to report early for the trial today.

"Oh crap THAT WAS REALLY MY BOSS," you shouted as you threw your phone onto your bed, clumsily pulled the closest door open, and fumbled through your clothes.

You didn't even had time to shower. All you did was brush your teeth, splash water on your face and dash to the kitchen to make a peanut butter sandwich.

Before leaving the house, you took a quick glance at the mirror and saw your own reflection.

Oh my ding dong, what are thoseeee??? Yucks, my face is so oily, I don't even have time to put on my beauty mask and lay on my bed thinking bout life for 15minutes. I'm supposed to be lookin' fine on court today, bless me.

Tossing your pajamas into the basket and wearing your office clothes, you grabbed your phone, workcase and uneaten bread then ran straight to the door.

You grabbed the black heels sitting on then floor, wearing it and locking the door behind you.

You called for a taxi, and now you have to wait for it. Consuming on the bread you made as you waited impatiently for the driver to arrive.

I'M A MESS.

My hair is so tangled, I didn't put on my make-up, my shirt's messy AND MY TOES HURT. Gosh, these heels will end my life one day.

The car pulled over, and you hopped in.

"To the prosecutor building please."

The driver nodded in response and drove to the destination.

With the amount of time you could spare in this car ride, you quickly fixed yourself.

You combed your hair, put on some casual make-up like foundation, contour, light shade of blusher, lip balm, and eyebrows. You didn't put on any eye make-up as your spectacles will cover them anyways.

Fixing the white long sleeve button-up and tucking it into your a-line black skirt. Not long after, you arrived at the prosecutor's building.

You entered the prosecutor building and were greeted by many other prosecutors, which you returned their greetings. The ceiling hung a big chandelier above you, and the lady behind the information counter greeted you with a big smile.

"Good morning, [l/n]!", The lady behind the counter greeted.

"Morning!" You smiled back before rushing to the elevator.

You got in and went up to the prosecutor's office that you worked at.

You knocked on the door and opened it slightly to see a man with dark grey hair staring deep into your soul.

"I gave you 10minutes, yet you came in 20minutes."

"S-Sorry..", You mumbled the apology.

Work started as usual, but today is different. You'll have to enter the courtroom in two hours.

Two hours went by quick, you're now in the prosecutor hall, and in any second you'll be entering the courtroom with Edgeworth.

"Please get to the courtroom, Mr Edgeworth and Ms..", the bailiff called out to us.

"We'll get over now, and she is Ms [l/n]," Edgeworth replied as he walked towards the courtroom.

You quickly gathered all the files and papers around the table that you and Edgeworth were at, hugging it tightly on your chest and followed Edgeworth.

The humongous dark brown door fling opened, and Edgeworth entered with...you, the unnoticed assistant walking behind him.

This place...is SO BIG!

And also scary. Geez, I am trembling.

You followed Edgeworth to the prosecutor stand. Opposite us was Phoneix Wright, the attorney. The girl sitting on the chair near the attorney was Maya Fey, the defendant. Lastly the one who will be the judge today is...Judge.

What a name.

You laid the materials on the table and took a few deep breath as you mentally prepared yourself for the worst.

You just wish for was that you wouldn't mess this up.

"Relax, I'm here. Although you should have been the one calming me down, but I guess it's fine," Edgeworth told you.

Even though he was looking away from you, you could tell that he was paying attention to you. It felt warm, knowing that someone out there actually gives a shit about this piece of trash.

You smiled to yourself.

"Your breathing was loud, I wasn't looking at you," Edgeworth said, looking at the witness who was presenting instead of you.

What the fukurodani?! Did he just read my mind? Well, if he is then, HELLO BOSS PLEASE STOP READING MY MIND YOU PERVERT.

No reply.

I think my mind is screwed up.

"You're so easy to read," he murmured. You didn't hear him.

And so the trial began.

The trial wasn't the only thing that has began,

A new friendship is starting too.