you

Read this in white screen.

Our first date. Date? Was it a date? He didn't asked you out for a date, but it still felt like one.

He brought you to a high-class restaurant and told you that he would pay for it, so you don't have to worry about the cost.

You argued that you should pay half the bill, but he said, "Our next dinner will be your treat."

The prices were scary. You never thought that you would have the luxury to consume all these kinds of seafood and beef.

"Hey, Miles," you called out.

"Mm?" He replied while chewing on his medium-rare steak.

"Have you liked anyone before?" You queried as you took your fork to take the prawn.

"No."

"Ehhh, serious?" You were disappointed in that answer.

"I thought that you'd be more fun than this, but guess you're still that same boring boss," you added on.

"Boring? Watch your mouth. I have an interesting life. Just that you don't see it," he replied sarcastically.

"Then tell me about it!" You cheered.

"Well....." He struggled to answer.

"Well......?"

"Well, as I said, you don't see it. Even if I told you, you won't understand either. You have to live at that moment," Edgeworth argued back.

"No fun." You leaned back on your chair.

"What about you?" He asked.

"What about me? My life is boring, and there's nothing you would want to know."

"How is it boring?" He pushed on.

"I have no family, no friends, no one. So technically I have nothing to say!" You casually replied as if it's nothing.

"I won't leave you," he suddenly blurted out, "even if the world is against you, I won't leave you."

The sudden outburst shocked you. It did warm you, but it quickly shattered again.

"That's what everyone said too.." You looked at your skirt, your voice was shaky, and you were trying to surpass your emotions.

"I'm not everyone. I'm Edgeworth."

"I-," you were cut off when he said, "you filled up this gap for me, now let me do the same."

You never realised he would be the type to say things like that. Even if he did care for you, he would still show his kindness in the least caring way possible.

Yet this time, it was so straightforward that it surprised not only you but him too.

"Thank you.." You noticed his eyes were so genuine and sweet, you felt that you could trust his words.

"I'm sorry, the atmosphere seemed really depressing now," you apologised.

"It's nothing. The outburst of mine was unnecessary as well," Edgeworth brushed it off.

"Moving on, do you have any interest in anyone now?" You changed the topic.

"I don't think so, you?"

"Hmm..I think I do have an interest in someone." You smiled at him.

"It's Phoneix Wright, isn't it?" His question startled you.

"What?! No!" You laughed at his guess.

"Then..," he tried to make another guess.

"I'll tell you next time," you simpered.

"When would that be?"

"When I think I am prepared to say," you gave a simple reply.

to say that I like you.

The night went past quickly, and he dropped you off at the gate.

You bid goodbye and walked to your apartment.

Humming your favourite song and swinging the key around your finger.

When you walked up to your door, you realised the door was slightly pushed open.

What an unlucky day for the burglar. I have nothing expensive to be stolen.

Pushing it open, you realised it was more than a robbery.

It was murder.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You screamed.

You backed off from your house, and the scene right infront of you could haunt you for nights.

Your landlady was lying face flat with blood oozing out of her head. The bookshelf was on top of her with blood-stained books spilled all over the floor.

"Y-You're a murderer!" Someone shouted.

You turned to the direction where the voice came from. Your lips were trembling, your face were pale, your heartbeat was racing, and suddenly the world went black as your body fell onto the floor.

Your body was still unconscious when the police had arrived. Even though you fainted, you were the suspect for the murder.

"I saw her pushed the old lady to the bookshelf and it fell on her!! The young lady then screamed and fainted. She was probably terrified when she realised she had taken someone's life."

And that one paragraph has destroyed everything around you.

YOU HAVE BECAME WHAT YOU SAID YOU WON'T BE.