loved

"The true murderer for the DL-6 Incident is YOU, Von Karma," declared Phoenix.

After a long tiring day, Edgeworth's case has officially closed.

"Finally, you're at peace!" You cheered.

"Finally..," he simpered at you before walking over to Phoenix and thanking him for what he have done for Edgeworth.

"This calls for a celebration!" Detective Gumshoe announced.

Even though Edgeworth looked hesitant in joining in for the celebration, but deep down in his heart, he wanted it.

"P-Phoenix..give me o-one more drink!" Maya spoke through her hiccups.

Maya, Phoenix, and Gumshoe drank a little too much than they should, and Pearl was obediently drinking her soda.

You and Edgeworth decided to leave first, as he wanted to talk to you personally.

"Heh~ G-Good luck, [Y/n], d-don't do anything weird, o-okay?", Maya whispered-shouted to you.

"What are you saying, Maya! You're drunk!" You said.

"Heh~," with that you left the place.

Edgeworth brought you to a nearby park, and for the first time, you swore you saw him sat on a dirty bench.

You were nervous to what he wanted to tell you, afraid of what he would say.

Did he decide to fire you?

You were unprepared for the worse, but with the slightest hope, you wish that it could be something that would blow you off.

Maybe, a confession from Edgeworth.

Your outfit? Horrible. Your make-up? Smudged. Your hair? Messy. Your mentality? Unstable.

"So..what did you want to tell me, Miles?" You mustered your courage to ask him about his motive.

"[Y/n]."

"Y-Yes!" You blurted out in sudden shock.

"You are an interesting person," he added on, "super clumsy, not so wise, unobservant, and a snoop."

"..Thanks?" You were confused.

"Yet, I still can't seem to shake you off my mind," he declared.

"You always try your best to do your very best, you are sincere, caring, understanding, hardworking, funny, and-," Edgeworth suddenly stopped talking.

"I-I don't know why did I say this."

You turned to face him and only realised that his face was a blushing mess.

"Oh boy, are you shy?" You mocked him.

"N-No. I just never did this before." He covered his face.

"How do I say, you're really mean and heartless, not to mention rude as well. However, after knowing you it's like a whole new world," you replied.

"I'm glad to know you, Miles. You gave me a purpose in life," you leaned a little towards him, and he stayed there.

"You filled up my gap of loneliness, [Y/n]." He slowly put his hands down.

"I love you more than the idea of you," you confessed.

"..." He stayed silent.

You started to get nervous, was it the wrong time?

"M-Me too," he stuttered.

You sat up facing him. The sudden reaction caused him to look at you too.

"Miles," you sternly said, looking deep into his eyes.

"I don't only love the idea of you, i love the idea of us," you confessed.

"I love you, Miles. More than a friendship. I want to build a family with you. I want you in my future. I can't bear the sight of you leaving," you said.

"What's your answer?"

"W-Wait! Phoenix told me to say this, but you said it before I could."

"What do you mean-?"

"I-I..," he struggled to pull those words out of his mouth.

"I want you in my future too," he managed to spit it out.

"I love you [Y/n]."

You didn't expect this answer, and you didn't expect him to say those three words.

You couldn't contain this happiness as you jumped right into his arms.

"Me too, Miles. Me too."

He pulled you away and examined your beautiful face.

His hand holding onto your face as he slowly moved closer to you.

You closed your eyes and slowly waited for the impact.

The impact of two lovers' lips meeting each other.

These was the happiness you want to feel forever. These was the happiness you longed.

From the beginning, you couldn't even think about Edgeworth being the love of your life.

And now, you are in love with him.

This happiness was supposed to stay forever.

Forever is eternal.

Eternal love.

Eternal happiness.

Eternal.

"Edgeworth chose death."

You knew you planned to wake up to see him laying next to you, and not this letter on his office desk.

He didn't chose death. He chose the wrong option.