don't

These few days were going to the crime scene, communicating with detective Gumshoe, and going back to the workplace to discuss the case.

"Are you ready for the trial tomorrow, Miss [l/n]?" His words seemed softer than usual, and he was still addressing me as Miss [l/n].

"Y-Yes! I think. I hope.." You mumbled the last part so that he wouldn't hear you.

Sigh. Yet another groan came out from the almighty prosecutor's mouth.

That is the 75th time he had sighed at me TODAY.

"I will not tolerate any mistakes or fear tomorrow." He stood up from the couch and walked towards his table.

I take back my words, still as harsh as ever.

"Yes, sir..", you replied unenthusiastically.

You laid on the couch in an attempt to get some rest as the countless traveling you made in one day wore you out.

"Is she asleep?!"

"Hopeless."

You felt a light tap on your shoulder, slowly opening your sleepy eyes, you saw a tall looming figure hovering over your face.

"AH!" You let out a scream in shock.

"It's me, Edgeworth.", he said with annoyance.

"A-Ah, I-I-I'm s-sorry!!" You apologized as you quickly sat up.

When did I fell asleep?!!

"H-How long was I asleep for..?" You asked sheepishly, rubbing your eyes from tiredness.

"About an hour.", he dusted his shoulders and straightened his red suit.

He turned his back towards you and started heading for the door, and you quickly grabbed your bag and walked behind him.

"Where do you live?" He questioned you.

"Uhh...down the street."

"I'll give you a ride," he gestured for you to follow him.

"Huh?" You were puzzled, but you still followed him.

"You can rest in the car." He added, "It's just not safe for you to take the bus home alone, and you may miss your stop."

You were shocked. You didn't think that this cold-hearted boss of yours would be kind enough to worry about you.

"Thank you!" You thanked him for his kind actions.

When they arrived at the car park, you were amazed at the kind of car he drove, a pleasant classic red sports car.

You were about to open the door of the car, but stopped when you saw another hand grabbing the door handle.

What a gentleman.

"Get in.", he pulled the door open gently and invited you into his car.

Maybe I was mistaken about him.

"I didn't want you to damage my car door." He shut the door and went to the driver seat.

I-
So much so for thinking he was a better man.

You pouted and looked away.

Zoom. Edgeworth drove off.

It was silence. Awkward silence, it wasn't peaceful for you to doze off. It wasn't noisy, but it was a tense atmosphere that restricted your mind to get some rest.

He alighted you in front of your house door, you bid him farewell and thanked him for the ride home, and he just drove off without saying anything.

You unlocked the front door and was greeted by your lovely landlady, who looked like she was about to leave.

"Ah, Hello," you greeted the old lady, and she did the same. "Is anything the matter?" You questioned her.

"Pardon me for entering your house without your permission, I thought something happened to you, as usual, you would be home at this time.", she apologized.

"It's fine. Well, why were you looking for me?"

"Oh darling, I wanted to ask you about...your rent money. It has been a month, and you haven't paid up. I know it's been tough on you trying to find a job though I'm afraid I can't keep you here if you can't pay," the landlord was sympathetic towards your pathetic self.

"About that...I found a job recently, and my pay will be in by the end of this month. When I get my pay, I'll give you my rent money for last month and this month. I promise!" You beamed a smile being mostly proud that you finally got a stable job.

You don't mind Edgeworth being done with you and firing you, as long as the prosecutor fires you AFTER you get your pay.

You had preferred to get fired after you get your pay than to have your pay dock till you need to survive on eating the evidence for the trial.

The landlady nodded her head and left you in this lonely house. What has happened to everyone around you? You wondered about that too. It seemed all magical when everyone started abandoning you, and you're getting used to being left alone.

You were nervous about tomorrow's trial. It had been so long since you last stood on the court, the last time you were on the court was when your parents were fighting over custody of you.

Sigh.

Tomorrow will be a long and tiring day. You better go to bed early as you need to wake up earlier than usual for the trial.

You took a quick shower and laid on your bed with your pajamas, checking your social media apps and setting your alarm clock.

You turned to your bedside desk and left your phone there, charging before turning away and falling into a deep sleep.

And another day has come to an end.