i

You've entered workplace, and it felt so different. Different because you couldn't forget what you said yesterday and you were still embarrassed by it.

"G-Good morning..Sir.." You greeted in a less cheerful tone.

"Good morning. These are the files that you'll be settling today, and we got a new case too," Edgeworth said as he placed one hand on top of the pile of papers and files.

"Right.." You said silently.

He gazed at you, surprised with your lack of enthusiasm.

You were always smiling, keeping the atmosphere lifted, yet today you weren't doing the same.

"I don't know what's going on with you, but we have to take a look at this case and consider if we want to take it or not," he said before looking back at his paperwork.

"Yes sir..," you replied still looking down.

The atmosphere has became thicker and harder to breathe in.

You quickly grabbed the materials you needed and left the office.

Your office was just right beside his, and as you opened the door, you took a deep breath before releasing a sigh.

That was awkward.

URGHHHH, why did I even asked him for dinner?!

I'm so stupid. He already realised something is up! Damn it.

You tried to push away those thoughts and started working on your documents so that you could submit it to Edgeworth as soon as possible.

You were exhausted from the lack of sleep. The reason behind it? Was because you mind kept replaying that scene for night. "Do you want to eat dinner together?"

The more you flipped through those papers, the heavier your eyelids were. Soon enough, you had already unknowingly dozed off.

There was a knock on the door. You heard the knock but shrugged it off as you were still in dreamland.

Then the door clicked open, and there were footsteps.

"Wake up ," a voice boomed into your head.

You arose, lifting your head slightly to lock eyes with a pair of familiar grey eyes.

Shit, I fell asleep?!

You sat up quickly, filled with embarrassment, thinking that you would get reprimanded by your stone-cold boss.

"S-Sorry!" You relented.

He placed a drink at your table. You stared at the beverage in awe, "Thank you..? You even got my favourite drink..!" You grabbed the cup and started sipping on its' content

"Take a day off, your eyebags are getting heavier," the mean old guy was actually concerned about your health.

Your heart filled up with warmth from this comment.

"I want my work in top quality," he instantly replied, directing his eyes on the pile of scattered papers on your table.

Right, why didn't I think of that.

"I'm here to talk to you about our new case, the spear samurai case. Interested?" He questioned.

You nodded in response, and both of you sat down, discussing about this case.

On the journey way home in his car, he popped a question.

"It may be rude to ask but, where's your family?"

The once backseat passenger who is currently sitting beside him turned to look at him with a raised brow.

"What do you mean?"

"You're living alone, and you have never mentioned about your family. I was just curious, but you can ignore what I said," he explained.

"I guess you could say the same for yourself," you replied while fidgeting your fingers.

"That's true."

"A touchè topic, family, hmm, I guess I never really had one," you added on.

You looked at the road as the memories of the past flashed in your mind.

"It's complicated, but I moved out when I was 17 into a rented house. Want to make a guess what happened next? No one cared!"

You continued, "I had to struggle between work and studies. I am super thankful for my kind landlady for constantly tolerating with my delays in rent payment."

"It's lonely at first, but I'm glad you accepted me as your secretary, and I'm able to live a better life because of you."

"This loneliness in me went away."

You turned and saw his face, you didn't know what this felt like, yet you felt your heart skipped a beat.

Maybe it was the moonlight that made this felt romantic.

But when your mouth said those six words, you felt this funny feeling in your chest.

You can't understand why.

"A-Ah, sorry for bursting it out to you." You quickly turned away, realising that you shared more than you should.

What's up with you [Y/n]? Stop messing things up these days!

"It's fine," He replied.

"You aren't the only one who felt like this. You filled up this emptiness in me as well," he mumbled it. She missed it.

"Sorry again?" You faced him once again.

"I said I'm glad to make you feel less lonely," he covered up.

You gave a sweet smile, and that smile of yours warmed his eyes.

Silence soon entered the room.

" True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable. "