I

June 17th, 2020 Message: I finished this story months ago. So if you see any typos, please excuse them. Also, things will be different for story purposes.

Lastly, it would be wonderful if you checked out my other works! Thank you and enjoy reading!

"Shit!" You cursed. You had dropped all of your papers as you made your way to the Wizard King's office.

As the daughter of Wizard King Julius Novochrono, everyone respected you.

But you never rubbed it in anyone's face that you were much richer than most nobles.

"Need a hand?"

You turned around so fast that your head collided with someone's. That, someone, was Mr. Nozel Silva. "Ouch!" You glared at the silver-haired mage. "Hey!"

He rolled his eyes and helped you pick up the papers. "That was your fault, (y/n), for turning around as fast as you did."

"Why were you that close to me anyway?" You didn't realize that your hands were touching as you both held a document.

His face was red. "Excuse me..."

You looked down and then your face erupted in embarrassment. "Oh, my bad. I'll just take that!~"

Nozel 'humphed' and was about to say something when your father's office opened.

"Ah, Nozel! (y/n)! Just the two people I was looking for! Come into my office."

Both of you stood in front of him as he rested his chin on his hands, a studying look on his face.

"Wizard King," Nozel acknowledged him.

Novochrono then started laughing. "HAHA! That's hilarious!"

You sweatdropped. "Father, I don't believe we said or did anything-"

He laughed a bit more then his face turned serious. "(y/n), I have something important to tell you. Regarding your future."

For some reason, Nozel stiffened beside you, a blush adorning his face. You gave him a weird look. "What do you mean, Dad?"

He snickered. "The Nozel Silva, captain of the Silver Eagles, has asked for your hand in marriage."

Your jaw dropped to the floor. "Not. Even. Funny."

Nozel hid his face in his hands. "Crap..."

"I'm not joking," Novochrono said. "I am very serious."

You turned to Nozel. "Is this some sort of joke? I'm not amused."

Nozel cleared his throat then stood to his full height, eying you down. "Your father is not joking at all, (y/n)."

Again, your jaw dropped. "What the hell?! I thought you were going to marry Miss Mereoleona!"

He looked horrified by the assumption. "Me? With the likes of Miss Mereoleona? No."

"What the heck is going on?!" You started waving your arms in the air like a crazy person. "How can the likes of him like me?!"

"Darling, calm down!" Novochrono said, standing up. Seeing this didn't work, he came over and caught you in a hug. "Calm down,"

You looked from him to Nozel who was staring at you with a blank expression.

"Someone, explain how he somehow likes me!"

He cleared his throat. "Simple. You entice me and are a very respectable young lady. Your mana is talked about through the kingdom, and you are a very nice person."

You stared to and fro, still shocked. "Dad! Why are you agreeing to his request?!"

"I'm not," Novochrono said simply. "That is your decision, but you must make it after one year."

"Why a year?!"

"Because both of us knew your answer," Nozel said. "So your father proposed the idea of us getting to know each other better."

You sighed. What's the harm. "Fine, I'll agree to it,"

"I understand that you might not want to, but-" he stopped and stared at you with shock. "You agree to it?"

You nodded. "What's the harm?"

He relaxed a bit. "Goodness, here I was expecting you to flat-out reject me."

Novochrono stepped in. "Now, (y/n), you will live with him for now."

"WHAT?!" Both of you were shocked.

He laughed. "Duh!!"

You stared at Nozel, blushes on your faces. "Why...?"

"Why not?"Novochrono said. "Oh, that was solved easily! Tell the servants to bring your things to the Silva Household. See you in a short while, daughter." It was clear he was dismissing you.

...

"These are your rooms," a maid said to you, bowing.

You thanked her and looked at the room. It was very elegant and simple, just how your room was back at the palace.

Dinner was called shortly after and you were seated the nearest to the head of the table on the right, where Nozel sat.

Nebra and Solid gave you funny looks. Clearly, they were confused.

"Why is the Wizard Princess here, Brother?" Nebra asked.

Nozel nearly choked on his beverage. He rubbed his mouth with a satin napkin. "It is because I asked for her hand in marriage."

You looked down at your food as the two stared at you and their older brother in shock.

"EHH?! You and her?!"

Nebra gave you an approving stare. "Well, at least she can control her magic."

Then it dawned on you. "Where is Noelle?" It was a long time since you saw the youngest of the Silva siblings. She inherited the family's water elemental magic.

Last time, she was a little toddler, around the age of three.

In fact, Nozel was the only one who inherited his mother's metal magic.

Solid rolled his eyes. "Why does such a pretty lady like you care about a royal failure like her?"

Your jaw dropped. "I don't know, maybe it's because she's my friend!"

Nozel sighed. "(y/n), you need to learn something-"

You stood up, angry. "I've heard rumors about you. I've heard that you treat Noelle like shit. That's not fine! She's your sister!"

"But weak!"

"All the more reason for you to care for and protect her! It's because of you always putting her down that she has no self-confidence!" You growled. "Excuse me." You exited the dining room.

Nozel sighed and stood up. "Well, excuse me."

That left Nebra and Solid in the dining room by themselves. "That went well..."

>..<

HEADS UP!

I have added a new rule to ALL STORIES!

You are NOT allowed to SPAM the comments if you do not vote. It's seriously getting annoying.

If you do so, then I will mute you.

Just a small little heads up!