Water

Reader POV

"Good work, you two!" Novochrono cheered us. "A star for the Silver Eagles!"

Nozel sighed and held you close. "Thank you, Novochrono."

Your father grinned. "Looks like you've gotten closer, huh?"

You blushed and nodded. "Yeah..."

Nozel kissed your cheek. "Let's go, I'm sure you want to see Noelle, Nebra, and Solid."

"Yeah..."

...

"(y/n)!! (y/n)!!" Noelle ran out to greet you, Nebra and Solid following right behind you.

"How was the mission?" Solid asked.

"She performed Time-Trapper," Nozel said.

Solid's jaw dropped. "WHAT?!"

Nozel nodded. "It took a moment for her to defeat the pest."

You sweatdropped. "To you, it was like that. For me, it felt like an hour."

Noelle hugged you tightly. "I really missed you, (y/n)..."

You held her close. "I missed you too, Noelle." Nozel wrapped an arm around you.

Nebra snickered. "You honestly look like a family. Go get a room!"

All three of you just sweatdropped.

"Go tell the chef to prepare dinner." Nozel dismissed them. "(y/n), come with me." You placed Noelle down and went with Nozel. He lead you to a secluded area and held your hands.

"Are you fine with marrying me?" He asked softly.

To be honest, you wouldn't mind. "Yes,"

His eyes shone and he tenderly kissed you. "Thank you,"

...

The two of you went to dinner, hands holding as you went into the dining room. The other siblings snickered at you.

"You guys are so adorable together! Oh, I forgot! The Vermillions are coming!" 

"(y/n)!!" Mimosa, Leopold, and Kirsch greeted you enthusiastically.

Kirsch winked at you. "Hello there, Princess (y/n)~"

Nozel glared at him. "She's my fiance, Kirsch."

Kirsch's face was stone solid. "What?!"

You giggled. "Yeah...I was shocked from the start when he asked for my hand."

"Well, what can I say?" Nozel said. "Now, are we going to eat or gossip like schoolgirls?"

Fuegoleon rolled his eyes. "No one is making fun of you, Rival."

Both Squad captains lightly chuckled.

Then you all felt immense heat. 

"Yo. I'm here," Mereoleona stormed into the room, flames behind her. She scanned the room then came to you. "You. I hear you are engaged to mister snotty-steel over there?"

You gulped. Mereoleona was a scary woman! "Y-yes!"

She nodded approvingly. "A good, strong woman for him. I approve. Now, Mr. Snotty-steel. Tell me about the fight at the border of the Hearts Kingdom a while ago."

...

Noelle, Leopold, and Mimosa ended up falling asleep. You gently carried them to the 'kiddie sleepover' room. 

Nozel came in after you a couple of moments later. "Should we get them some blankets?" You gave him a nod and he hurried back with three blankets. You tucked them in, giving them each a simple kiss on the forehead. Noelle snuggled into the pillow more, a smile gracing her sweet face.

Leopold growled a bit in his sleep as if chasing something.

Mimosa just was silent and still, fully asleep.

"You know..." Nozel smiled at you gently. "When we get married, I think we'll make great parents."

You looked him in the eyes, a question asked and answered. "Yeah..."

He lead you to your bedroom and kissed you deeply goodnight. Then he left after helping you to bed. "Goodnight, (y/n)."

...

"(y/n)!!" Mimosa called to you. "Watch this!" She attempted a cartwheel and ended up falling on her face.

 You hurried over to her. "Here, let me see." She had a smudge on her nose, but other than that, nothing. You looked around for something and found a napkin in your basket and rubbed the dirt off and gave her a quick peck. "Better?"

She grinned. "Yes! Thank you!" She ran off the join Noelle and Leopold who were by the riverbank, practicing some magic.

Then you heard it.

"You failure! Use your magic!!" Solid screamed at Noelle. 

The little girl was crying. It was clear she was trying her best, but no one was helping the situation by saying she was a failure. 

"HEY!" You called to Solid. Leopold watched with wide eyes as you stormed over to Solid. "No wonder she can't use her magic, with all of your tauntings and putting her down!"

He opened his mouth to say something but you continued.

"I never, never want to hear you saying anything bad about her or downgrading her self-confidence!" You motioned for Noelle to follow you. "Noelle, follow me."

...

"Now, try to unleash a spell," you said gently to her.

She took a deep breath and raised her hands. "O-Okay." A strong surge of water erupted from her and formed into a huge water-form.

"Good! Now, try to attack me!"

 Her eyes went wide. "B-But I don't want to hurt you!"

"You won't!"

"Okay, if you're sure." She aimed at you, but the spell dodged and hit the trees behind you. "See? I can't do it."

You sighed. "Noelle, it's because of your lack of confidence. If you could just be confident, I know that you will be a powerful water mage."

She seemed to brighten at the comment. "Okay! I'll work harder, then!"

...

Night came sooner than you thought. Noelle was tired from the training so she retired early.

"(y/n)!" Nozel looked up at you as you came into his room. He was reading a book about the first Wizard King.

You crawled into bed next to him. "Hey..."

He moved over so you would fit. "What's up?"

"I don't like how your siblings are treating Noelle..."

He sighed. "Well, I can't really do anything about it,"

"Yes, you can..." you were so close to falling asleep.

Nozel POV

"Yes, you can..." (y/n) sounded as if she was going to fall asleep any second. 

I had a guilty party. I was the one who originally started this, but I was right. It was Noelle's fault that Mother Acier Silva died, but...she didn't have enough magic to even be accepted into my squad.

"Look, I really do think she tries, but-" (y/n)'s head dropped on my shoulder, alerting me she was asleep. I sighed and snuggled her closer. "Nevermind..."

I soon fell asleep after.