Mana

(n/n) Nickname

Reader POV

You watched as Nozel scolded Amore for trying to teach little Tashiko how to use mercury magic even though he inherited your water magic.

How did you know Tashiko inherited your water magic?

Flashback (your POV)

It was a sunny day in the Clover Kingdom when the palace nurses let out a scream.

Fearing for the worst, Nozel and you put down your official-looking papers and rushed to the nursery.

"What's wrong??" Nozel shouted and then his jaw dropped.

The nurses were floating in bubbles of water (with their heads above the water) in the air!

Little Tashiko clapped his hands and suddenly, you were floating in the air.

"Tashiko!~" You a magic bubble wand (like the ones in bubbe mix) and formed some of the bubbles into fun shapes like ducklings, birds, and other animals.

Tashiko clapped his hands in delight and the nurses were released-albeit their clothes were drenched.

"Naughty boy," Nozel sighed. "Is this what I get? Is this my punishment for letting Nebra and Solid to be his godparents?"

You splashed at your unsuspecting husband while laughing as you picked up your son.

"Hey!" Nozel frowned at you. It was a funny sight since he was drenched and you could see through his white robes- exposing-

"Our little Tashiko can use mana! My mother's mana!" You kissed your son and rubbed cheeks. 

"I was hoping he would have my magic," Nozel grumbled.

You winked. "Maybe if we have another child,"

"Maybe," Nozel agreed. "Wait, (y/n), are you implying-"

"We must finish our work, Noz. We can talk about...that stuff later." You placed Tashiko into his bath and washed him yourself, the nurses apologetic but you forgave them since it was really no one's fault.

End of flashback

"Amore," Nozel sighed. "Tashiko doesn't have my mercury magic, she has water magic,"

"Like me!" Noelle smiled at little Tashiko and ruffled his silver hair. "I'll teach him to use water magic along with (n/n),"

It was a nice afternoon and the entire Silva and Vermillion families, along with your elf-brother Yuno, were at the Magic Knights Headquarters castle to enjoy tea and perhaps stay until supper.

"Aw, she's so cute!" Mimosa pinched Amore's cheek. Amore didn't like her Aunt doing that and so she made that clear by swatting Mimosa with a glare.

Fuegelon, on the other hand, was now holding Tashiko in the air. "He looks just like you, Nozel,"

Nozel was watching his rival cousin hold his precious baby boy. "Yes, he does."

"Just as handsome already," you smirked. "If not more handsome,"

"Ew, Mommy and Daddy are doing the googly-eyes!" Amore stuck her tongue out in disgust. 

"One day that will be you," Yuno pointed out with a monotone voice.

Merelona produced a ball of fire in her palms. "Amore doesn't need a man, she's a strong, independent, and clever girl! No man is worthy of her,"

...

"News from a far away kingdom!" A guard ran up to you and Nozel in the middle of the night as you both were wandering the hallways. "Ahem! Apologies, majesties,"

"It's alright," you spoke kindly. "What is the news?"

"Apparently the Queen wants to make an alliance with the Clover Kingdom, the nation located by the Spade Kingdom,"

Your eyes widened. "You couldn't mean the Frozen North?"

"Exactly that place. Queen River Invernico of Frankshosia would like to meet with both of you either here or there to discuss a possible alliance,"

Nozel stared at you. "I know very little about the kingdom of Frankshoshia,"

"That is alright," you smiled. "I know Queen River Invernico. Riv and I go back," 

You turned to the guard. "See to it that we accept their alliance and open hospitality for Queen River Invernico to stay here should she want to, or send news to a spacial mage to transport us to Frankshosia,"

River POV (That's me! Your lovely author!)

I opened the letter from my dear friend (y/n) Novochrono Silva and smiled. "Of course I would travel to the Clover Kingdom and meet her children,"

I remember (n/n) telling me about Nozel before...they got married. At first, they liked each other then his attitude got in the way before Julius Novochrono stepped in and then boom! They got married.

"Send for a spacial mage," I smiled to the guards. "I would like to travel to the Clover Kingdom at dawn tomorrow,"

I walked into the royal garden of flowers made of pure gemstones found nowhere else in the world. "Luciano!"

My husband looked up from teaching our young sons Ayato and Subaru (cough from my 2p! Emperor! Japan book) how to use blood magic safely. "Yes?"

"Get ready, we are going to visit my dear friend (y/n) Novochrono Silva and her family in the Clover Kingdom,"

Ayato ran up to me and grabbed my blue sleeves. "Mommy, does that mean I can finally meet the Wizard Princess Amore and Prince Tashiko?"

"Yes," I picked up the red-pink-haired boy with green eyes. "We are going to form an alliance,"

"Yay!" Subaru cheered, running around the palace gardens and knocking into his father.

"Calm yourself," Luciano sighed. "Are you sure about this, Riv?"

I nodded. "After all, we need their help if the Spade kingdom decides to attack us, we can go through the Heart Kingdom."

Sadly, the threat of attack from the Spade Kingdom has grown due to trade issues and territorial disputes. 

Sure, the nation of Frankshosia could handle any magic like winter elements, but not always.

"We need to make an alliance and there is no other nation that I trust more than the Clover Kingdom," I explained to Luciano as we brought our sons upstairs so they could sleep.

"It's the only way to save our kingdom,"