Need

Reader POV

It wasn't until the morning when you saw Noelle. 

She was seven since four years have passed when you last saw her.

She was sitting by her mother's statue, a sad look on her face. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" You asked gently. She looked at you, her innocent eyes penetrating through you.

"N-Nebra and Solid...they took my toys and ripped them apart!"

"Why didn't you try to get it back?" You asked, astonished.

She looked down at the floor. "I was too weak."

You shushed her and embraced the tiny girl. "Hush, Noelle. You are not weak. You are a strong girl, just like your mother."

She stared at you with bright eyes. "Really?"

"Really, you're not a failure." You hugged her tightly.

Footsteps were heard. "Ah, so there you are."

Noelle tensed in your embrace, clutching your dress tightly. "S-Solid."

He had a devilish smirk on his face. "What are you doing to Princess (y/n), you failure? Shouldn't you be cleaning the house like a good, little pest?"

You glared at Solid. "Shut the hell up, Solid."

"Well, it's her fault for manipulating you!" Solid scoffed. "No noble or royal should have to deal with this failure, am I right?"

You gently moved Noelle off you. "True," She gave you a devastated stare but you ignored her and stood up. "Which is why I'm not going to regret this."

He was about to say something when you slapped him in the face.

"No one should have to deal with a failure older brother," you spat. "Come, Noelle." The little girl stared at her brother before hurrying over to you. 

Noelle gripped your hand tightly. "Thank you, Princess (y/n)..."

You ruffled her hair. "No problem! But please, call me (y/n) or any nickname!"

Nozel POV

I watched them go. I had speculated the entire scene. 

"Get a grip, Solid," I growled.

He did. "Did you see what she did?! She slapped me! The nerve-"

"Hush," I snapped. "Go see Nebra. I have things to do instead of scolding you." I walked away.

"Makes you wonder what your love interests really are, brother!" Solid called after me.

I stopped and turned around, a menacing aura around me. "What did you say?"

He was shaking in his boots. "N-Nothing, Nozel! I just remembered I had to give a report to...uh...the Captain of the Silver Eagles!"

"I am the Captain fo the Silver Eagles!" I growled, annoyed.

"Gotta go!" He ran away into the house.

"Nozel?" I heard Nebra's voice behind me.

 "What is it, sister?"

She had a scowl on her face. "Why do we have to take care of that failure? She's the reason why Mother-"

"Shut up," I growled again. "When (y/n) and Noelle come back, tell me. I will be at the Silver Eagles headquarters. Good day."

...

I stared at Novochrono. "What!? Wait a second, why are you here?"

The Wizard King cracked his neck before staring at me. "I wanted to tell you something about my daughter."

He proceeded to tell me that his former wife, Wizard Queen Gallamore had embedded her magic into (y/n). She had water magic, while Novochrono had time magic. Which meant that (y/n) had time and water magic.

"Why are you telling me this?"

He stared at me intently. "A combination of those spells. It has the ability to turn back time and produce a...fountain of youth. Quite literally."

"What does that have to do with me?"

The Wizard King slammed his fist on the desk. "Because my daughter is more vulnerable to the bandits and such from the surrounding kingdoms,"

Then it struck me. "Do you want me to protect her from the Diamonds Kingdom when I go in two days?"

He nodded. "I believe that she will be safer with you instead of waiting for a possible attack here."

"Why?" I asked. "Can't you protect her?"

He started laughing. "I can, but...I have my own things to do instead of watching my daughter every day! Anyway, how is she settling in?"

I shrugged. "It's a work in process,"

"Well, if I were in her shoes, I would be surprised by all of this. After all," the King nudged me playfully. "You're just like Langris, never really talking to females!"

I rubbed my temples in annoyance. "Very well." 

...

"WHAT?!" (y/n) shouted, shock in her eyes. Her hand was resting on Noelle's white hair while the little girl was happily savoring her ice cream. "We're going to the Diamond Kingdom?"

Noelle looked up at her, worry in her eyes. "I wish I could go with you, (y/n)!"

The (h/c) water/time mage leaned down and held Noelle by the shoulders. "You'll be fine, Noelle!"

"I wish I could go with you, though..." It was clear my youngest sister shared a powerful bond with my engagement. It was mutual.

(y/n) held out her pinky to Noelle. "I promise that next time I go somewhere far away, I'll bring you."

"Really?" Noelle stared at her, hope in her purple eyes.

(y/n) winked at her. "As long as its safe and fine with your siblings," She gave me a look that willed me not to disagree.

I nodded curtly to Noelle. "Go upstairs, I have to discuss this with her." Noelle scurried off.

(y/n) watched her go, fondness in her eyes. "Heh...what a sweet girl. Makes me really wish I had my own kid-"

My face went red. "Uh..."

"Oh my goodness!" She slapped her face in embarrassment. "I didn't mean-"

I laughed a bit. "It's fine." I placed my hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner. "Maybe one day you'll be a mother."

"Maybe..." She stared at the sky. "It just makes me wish my mother was still alive, though." The Time/Water mage smiled sadly. "My father told me that she died while giving birth to me,"

"What?" I was shocked. "Your father didn't tell me that!"

She shrugged. "Well, it was a long time ago. It's fine," She then proceeded to put her hand in her dress and produced a stone necklace. 

I unconsciously touched the House of Silva pendant on my forehead hanging from my hair. Only for it to fall off onto the ground.

Both of us reached to pick it up and winded up touching hands. She blushed a bit as did I. I felt bold and placed both hands on hers. 

...

"Have a good night, Nozel," (y/n) went into her room after I escorted her to her quarters which were conveniently next to mine.