Always

Journal Entry No. 892

Lament

December 20th, year X2371

There's a reason why this entry is called "Lament".

Lament means "sadness of some sort".

And as I'm writing this, I am reflecting on everything that has happened so far.

The day Amore got her grimoire changed everything.

For the worst.

Reader POV

(Timeskippity)

You held Noble's hand. He was now 5 years old, Tashiko was ten, and Amore was 15.

The war was finally over.

"Amore! Are you ready to go get your grimoire?" Nozel called from the bottom of the steps. You stood next to him, smiling.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Amore ran down the arched stairs. Her (h/c) hair trailed behind her. "Let's go! Charla and I want to meet up before we go in!"

Nozel laughed. "Alright, young lady."

All five of you soon came to the grimoire library in the Royal Capital.

"Charla!" Amore ran up to the blonde, smiling.

Tashiko was frowning. "Why can't I get my grimoire yet??"

"No one gets their grimoire until they turn 15, earliest 14," Nozel explained. "And last time I checked, you, my boy, are 10 years old."

"Hmph!" Tashiko frowned and crossed his arms.

His water magic was coming along just nicely. Noelle and you taught him well. Solid, however, was killed in battle by the Grand Magic Zone. He died protecting a woman named Ellen whom it turned out that he had gotten her pregnant. Ellen's son looked just like his father, even at age 4.

"Mommy?" Noble looked up at you with round purple eyes. "When can I start using magic?"

You hesitated. His ki matched Asta's - no magic at all. "Darling, you have a special type of magic. Anti-Magic,"

"Like Uncle Asta?"

"Yes," you smiled. "Now come on, let's go watch Amore get her grimoire."

The ceremony began. The grimoires floated around everyone's head and chose their new respective owners.

A grimoire made its way to Amore.

"Mom, Dad, look!!" She held the silver book. "It's got a four-leaf!!"

"That's amazing!!" You smiled at you daughter, proud as ever.

Nozel POV

I smiled as I walked next to my wife.

Amore had just gotten her grimoire and the five of us were heading to celebrate.

Tashiko and Noble both pestered Amore to show her new spell.

"Mercury Magic: Mercury Dragon!"

A dragon made of mercury appeared and swirled around the two younger children who squealed with delight.

"Your magic is so cool!!" Noble glanced up at his sister. "I might not have magic, but I'll become the best Anti-Magic user!"

Tashiko laughed. "Don't say that in front of Uncle Asta! You know, he's going to become the next Wizard King since Uncle Yuno took his throne in the Spade Kingdom after the war,"

Noble just shrugged it off. "Then he's my rival!"

I always worried about my youngest son. He was weaker than the others, yet by one glance, he seemed stronger than even the mightiest of heroes.

There was a certain blaze in his purple eyes that was unmistakably the fire of a new leader.

"Oi! Did someone say Uncle Asta?" The gray-haired male grinned as he strolled up to the courtyard around the grimoire tower.

My sister was also there with her twins, Patoli and Acier.

It warmed my heart to see the two since they took after Noelle. Acier, like Noelle, looked so much like my own mother.

"Uncle Asta!!" The three of them went over to their uncle (they weren't actually related).

Asta picked up Noble and grinned. "If you use anti-magic, don't worry your little head about it. I'll teach you how to become the most awesome anti-magic user ever!"

Before Noble could respond, the air suddenly grew cold.

"What's going on?" (y/n) asked beside me. "It's only November, it shouldn't feel this cold,"

"At last..." a shrill voice boomed.

"What's that?" Noelle brought her two children together as I ran over with (y/n) by them.

"Family of Silva. Eons ago, your ancestor by the name of Dimitri Silvamillion, great-great-great grandfather of Lumiere Silvamillion, had sealed me away."

Long, horrible, clawed hands made their way out of the ground that was now breaking apart.

"I've come to make you all pay for the wrong that you've caused. Starting with your beloved home and people."

The sky turned extremely dark, as if a horrible storm was about to occur.

"Protect the children!" I shouted. "Anyone who can fight, stay!"

"I'm staying!" (y/n) declared. "Noelle, protect my children."

"But I can fight!" Noelle and Amore insisted.

Asta shook his head and gently moved them. "You need to go, sweetheart."

Noelle was about to protest when she saw her husband's eyes. "Fine. But don't die on me, Bakasta!"

They shared a kiss and then Noelle took off with the five children. The people around fled the scene and those who could fight stayed.

"Go with them," I said to the (h/c)-haired female.

"Absolutely not, Noz," she glared. "I'm not going to listen to you. I must stay and fight."

I smiled at her. "Very well, (y/n) Novochrono
Silva. You'd better not die on me, do I make myself clear?"

The ground shook as the first fall of snow kissed the now cold ground.

"Loud and clear. I'll fight with you always, Nozel." She gave me a kiss and then began ordering people who stayed to fight.

And that is where the story of Lament begins.