Silver Lining

Reader POV

Amore and I were sitting on the stone bench outside in the palace gardens. The air was crisp and a cloud of smoke came out whenever we talked or breathed.

"Your Highness, there is a surprise waiting for you in the throne room," a guard said with a haunted look.

"Amore, go to your room." You instructed, picking up on the guard's unsure tone. Once you made sure Amore was gone, you went to the throne room.

Nozel was talking with a boy- no!

Hands flew to your mouth and tears lit your eyes. "Dad!"

You picked up your skirt and ran to him, hugging him tightly. "I thought you died!"

"That as an illusion to get you to win the battle," Julius said as he hugged you. "But I am glad to see you are alright, and Asta got his fair trial for redeeming himself since it wasn't him who caused the battle but that demon."

Nozel sighed. "I still cannot believe you are Julius Novochrono, my father-in-law."

"Yeah, that's him." You smiled, remembering the Novochrono family portrait in the private castle of Novochrono. 

"I'm not going to explain everything now, I want to see your beautiful family," Julius stared at your stomach with wonder. 

Nozel already knew you were pregnant so he spoke. "(y/n) is pregnant with a son,"

"Already your second child?" Julius smiled softly. "I still remember the day your mother told me she was pregnant with you,"

You placed your father's hand on your stomach. "Can you feel your Grandson?"

"He's kicking!" Julius' eyes grew wide and a smile rested permanently on his face.

"Mom?"

You all turned around to see Amore at the door, staring at Julius. "Is that my cousin that I didn't know of?"

Julius ran to Amore. "No, I'm your Grandpa. To sum it up, I basically am younger due to your Grandpa being a smart man and planning ahead,"

"But how are you younger?" Amore asked as Nozel picked her up.

"That's a story for another day," Julius sighed in content. "Amore, you have your mother's beautiful (h/c) hair, which she got from your Grandma. Your eyes though...they're your father's."

Amore grinned. "I know!"

Nozel pecked her nose. "Maybe your brother will look like a mix of your mother and I or perhaps a spitting image of me or the male version of your mother?"

"Anything is possible," Julius said with a twinkle in his eye. "So, my daughter, how is married life treating you?"

You didn't answer him. "Where were you the past few years after the battle?"

"I can't tell you,"

Keep in mind I am changing details to fit story purposes!

"Alright then,"

Amore had Nozel place her down on the floor. "Grandpa, look what I can do!" She harnessed her father's Mercury magic and created a dolphin that swam around the throne room.

"Wow, that's impressive!" Julius' eyes grew interested as he watched your daughter flex her magic.

"You have a beautiful family," Julius sighed at you and Nozel. "Nozel my boy, I am glad you are taking care of (y/n). I cannot stay forever, but I am glad to have seen you all. Maybe I'll come back and see your brother and perhaps future children?"

Nozel held you and Amore close. "We would love that, Wizard King."

Amore suddenly noticed it. "Wait, Daddy, you and Grandpa are both Wizard Kings! Does that mean I can be the Wizard Queen?"

"First you have to be a magic knight and then a captain to be considered," you explained.

"Or marry the future Wizard King or Queen," Nozel offered. "However, I won't let you get married until you are thirty or I am dead and wait another fifteen years for good luck,"

"Honestly," you swatted Nozel. "Amore, you can be the next Wizard Queen if you put your mind to it."

...

It was a winter's day when you finally gave birth to Tashiko.

Tashiko was the spitting image of his father, but he had your time and water magic.

Your father had stayed for his christening (or whatever religious practice), cheering gleefully.

Nebra was more than happy to be his Godmother as Solid was to be his Godfather.

"He stinks!" Amore cringed when you changed Tashiko's diaper.

"You stank more," Nozel commented from the bed.

"Shut up!" Amore stuck her tongue at her father. 

Nozel growled playfully and chased after her, scooping her up. "You're lucky you're my daughter otherwise I'd make you write a five-page essay for an apology,"

"AH NO!!" Amore squirmed out of her father's embrace and hid behind your skirt as you laughed and finished putting the new diaper on Tashiko and yeeted the smelly old diaper into a disposable bin.

"Amore," you said to her. "Can you take your brother to his room?"

"Why?"

"Your mother and I must play," Nozel said calmly as you blushed madly. 

"Play house?" Amore asked innocently.

"Go!" 

Amore giggled and ran out of the room, closing the door.

"Such a dirty mind," you laughed as Nozel grabbed you and pinned you to the bed.

Nozel growled and bit your neck. "(y/n), you naughty queen. I guess it's my job as your king to make sure you know your place,"

"I know, Noz." You kissed his lips. "I love you,"

"I love you too." He smirked as he removed his top. "Just so you know, you aren't going to be able to walk tomorrow."

"Is that a threat or promise?" You smirked as he kissed your neck.

"Depends on how you are," Nozel remarked. "Now, try not to make too much noise, darling. I'm sure the guards can hear us,"