Chapter 3 part 1-2

12th

           I greeted daybreak in the Agency.

            Alone, I can't sleep in the dead of night. Sitting across the solitary light.

           I think of a great many deaths, of a great many doubts.

           There is no difference between them and I, under the same sky and in a corner of the same vast land, never mind the people who holds each other's hands across the infinite heaven.

           Oh God, please show me the way.

  "We will now proceed with the company report."

I said to the participants lined around the table.

This is the Agency's meeting room that doubles as a reception room. Around the table, the clerks and detectives, there is a total of seven people attending. It is safe to say that almost all the main force of the Detective Agency are present. A meeting with a lineup of this kind is really rare.

I opened the documents and began to explain.

"For the current case, I would like to ask every one of you to check the documents at hand. To sum everything up, the Agency is the target of terrorism, and what's more, we are currently under severe scandalous criticism."

"Everyone here knows that the Agency is currently in a crappy situation. There is no need for vague talk about the bombing accident."

               The one who spoke up is one of the participants: the company's exclusive female doctor, Yosano-sensei.

               "I understand. This is the e-mail that the terrorist sent to us. To have a better understanding of the criminal's profile, please read through it at least once."

               I opened the files. The printed contents of the letter was written in courteous style as follows.

                Dear Sir,

               I hope this letter finds you well.

               I would like to offer my gratitude for the quick assistance in regards to the investigation of the building's case these past few days. Although I know that it is too soon, I would like to make another request.

               A while ago, I have placed explosives somewhere in this city.

               To start with, I would like to request the quick discovery and removal of these bombs for the safety of the public.

               The time limit until the detonation of the bombs is tomorrow's sunset; it is my dearest wish for this case to be solved until said time.

               Please know that these bombs that I took time to make can eliminate up to around a hundred lives. Just like in that case where the victims were in extreme pain until the very end.

               Just like the white light of the setting sun, a fire that cannot be put out. Rows of buildings will collapse thoroughly, burning people will run and panic, roads will melt, burning cars will fly and crash into buildings, as if it is a living hell. To prevent such a disastrous scene from happening, I would like to request the best efforts of everyone from the Armed Detective Agency.

               Although this is a useless addition, but just like the last request, I will be collecting pictures of the Agency in action (but they didn't mention this??). In the case that the Agency fails to remove the explosives, please acknowledge without any ill feelings that I will publicize said photos just like I had in the last request.