Epilogue

I sit on the office desk of The Detective Agency, scrolling through the notebook.

             "That's it. It's the case of two years ago-It's all about 'Azure Messenger' case."

             After a long speech, I close the page of notebook.

             "It was the first case Kunikida-san worked together with Dazai-san." Tanizaki who's listening to the story gives an impression.

              "That's it. That guy really unchanged after that. He teases people as usual, his habit doesn't change and he puts me into troubles. Despite saying that today is working day too, he doesn't show up. Naomi, can you grasp the signal of the transmitter?"

               "The result comes out. It seems that the transmitter hasn't been moving since about 20 minutes ago. I wonder if the location is the river."

   The river?

               I look at the map that Naomi spreads. A small coin type transmitter that I handed over to Dazai is standing still at the middle of the river.

               It's contemplating for a brief period.

              "I see. That idiot jumped into the river while walked, sending his wallet into the river along with the transmitter. The wallet was washed away at that place. The person himself will be more downstream."

              While I'm talking with Dazai under investigation on cell phone, I think that there is something when the call just ended as he says,

             'What a nice river it is'.

              Just how much trouble that he will gave me if he keeps bothering me for working as partner with his suicide habit.

              "I will search for that oaf. Indeed, how sad it is, it should be done before I start the detective work."

              "Take care, Kunikida-san. What's your work for today?" Tanizaki stands as he calls me.

                "It's about the tiger. I should capture the 'human eating tiger' that caused trouble in Yokohama."

                It's a troublesome request, even so-
-without waiting for a few years he will be one of leading detective investigators.

               Even so, it can be solved easily if it's Dazai.
I take my notebook and then leave the Detective Agency.

              Dusk is approaching and the sky of Yokohama is divided into blue and red. I stop as I smell something that tickles my nostrils. I watch the city.

             In this town, with people here, there are cases and sadness at sometimes. Every time I run into a deep sorrow, my ideals are beaten up.

            The adventure loses its meaning and the mind sheds blood. It's too hard and useless to follow ideals.

But challenge is still a challenge.

I start to walk again, leaving the crowd of Yokohama.