Chapter 3 part 5

The center of our country, the capital area of Tokyo where the heart of economic and political facilities gather.

In those buildings, a lot of different types of people comes in and out. There are also people who come from all over the world working there.

That place is the Japanese US Embassy: the biggest foreign territory in this country.

It doesn't matter if it is way past noon, there will be visitors waiting for their turn in the waiting room. All of them are silent as if waiting for a trial, frozen in place thinking over something known to no one other than themselves.

The installed TV is showing a live Major League game, a middle-aged man wearing a cap is lazily telling a team off for losing a point.

I looked at Dazai who was beside me. Dazai laughed happily.

It's like he's really looking forward to the plan we are going to execute soon.

This is no laughing matter.

"Kunikida-kun, are you ready?"

"I am really concerned. I am begging you, please don't make a blunder. If we fail, we are going to be judged by the international law."

"An international criminal.... For some reason it sounds really cool. Well then, I am off!"

"Hey, Oi!"

A sudden swell of worry made me want to stop Dazai, but he already walked towards the reception desk.

Furthermore, Dazai was dressed in a tattered singlet full of patches while I am in an expensive navy business suit complete with a necktie.

Dazai stood in front of the receptionist working in the Embassy, counter number One, and said in a loud voice.

"Heeeey, is it not our turn yeeet!? We've been waiting for six hours nooowwww!"

Everyone within the vicinity turned their heads. The Japanese lady working as the receptionist blinked in surprise.

"No more, no more, no more, no more, I won't wait any longer than this! Call whoever's in charge to come out right now!"

Dazai flailed his limbs about and continued grumbling at the reception desk.

What we call a plan is dressing up as a pitiful adult male. I look at the pathetic Dazai and feels like throwing up blood.

If that was me, if I had to undertake such a role, I would drink poison and die.

"Excuse me, I am really sorry, may I know of your business here?"

The lady receptionist asked while panicking. Although what she did was praiseworthy, the other party is at fault.

"I've been saying it since just now, haven't I? It's migration, MIGRATION! Being able to immigrate to your honourable United States is a dying wish of mine from the bottom of my heart. Even so, I've been waiting since ages ago! Are you saying you're going to deny me? Deny me? For a mere employee like you to make judgements in behalf of the government in such a manner is a terrible abuse of one's authority, sister!"

"You bastard! What are you making a fuss about!? To create such a disturbance in the agency is a serious crime!"

Naturally, from the entrance, the security guards starts going after Dazai.