Chapter 3 part 3-4

After searching the shopping streets, I somehow managed to find Dazai.

In an old coffee shop facing the streets, he's chatting with a lady.

"Is this your first time coming to Yokohama? Shall I show you around?"

"I must apologize, because of me.... Is it really okay? It looks like the Agency is in a huge uproar over the bombs. Kunikida-sama also looked really busy with the investigation this morning when I contacted him."

"It's because Kunikida-kun is a work monster. Did you know? If he makes an appointment around 12 in the afternoon, he would show up 10 seconds before. Isn't he just like a train?"

"I see... Is that how it is?"

"Hey Dazai! Don't slack off work! And don't use me as a topic to pick up girls!"

"And then, at the abandoned hospital, Kunikida-kun was so scared of ghosts he almost cried like a gi-"

"Listen to me!"

I landed a round kick on the back of Dazai's head who was looking like he had lots of fun talking to Miss Sasaki.

"Ouch! What the hell are you doing, Kunikida-kun? Eh? Kunikida-kun? You were around?"

"It's not 'You were around?' You knew but intentionally carried on, right? Right in the middle of such a crucial time for the agency just what the hell were you doing on a date? What's more the partner is the victim of a case."

"Jealous?"

"I am not jealous!"

I am absolutely not jealous in the least.

"No way. This lady was almost killed by the criminal and received mental trauma, right? Protecting and taking care of her heart is also part of a detective's important mission, no? Also, speaking from experience, only kindness and smiles and tolerance can treat a lady who just went through something horrible."

"That last line was nonsense, you idiot."

... At the very least, I should make a memo in my notebook later.

"But can a person who walks around wearing such frivolous and thoughtless clothing like you have a chance?"

With this level of beauty, she should at least have a boyfriend, right?

"Because you think like that, Kunikida-kun is Kunikida-kun. If you would just listen, you would know that she has no relatives, nor does she have a person close enough to rely on. Even her only lover just broke up with her not too long ago."

–I did hear about her not having a person she can rely on, but not to this extent.

"That's why, Kunikida-kun, I can do it," a grinning Dazai nudged my side.

"Do what?"

I have no idea what he's talking about...... I made a face to show him that.

"Listen up, Dazai. I came here to explain to you about what happened in the meeting that you skipped this morning. If you skip another meeting, I will take the quick and suitable measure to resuscitate you the next time you try to commit suicide."

"Oh dear... Kunikida-kun, you're actually thinking of something so nasty..." Dazai made an unpleasant face.

After being satisfied with his expression, I placed the documents at hand on the tabletop.