Chapter 7

Blake

I can't fucking believe it. She coughed up blood and thought nothing of it. As if it's normal to just cough up blood all of a sudden.

But I guess her explanation made sense. She did look like she was in pain when I poked her in the morning. I shouldn't have done that. I'm such an asshole.

After leaving Lia's house, the three of us went to my house to just hang around and talk about this whole situation.

As we sit in my room, I keep glancing at Tyler; he hasn't spoken a word since we left Lia's house. And both Will and I can tell something's wrong with him. He's not been his usual self since the whole ordeal.

"Ty, what's wrong, man?" Will decides to break the silence and finally asks the question.

"Lia. – he sighs – I- uh... for a second there I thought she was being abused. And I hated it. She doesn't deserve that."

"But she said that she's not abused. Besides, she lives alone." Will explains.

"Then HOW did she get hurt? She must've been hurt really bad to cough up blood like that! And clearly she's not the clumsy type to trip and fall. I can't shake off the feeling that she's hiding something." Ty says, obviously distressed. I wonder why the sudden interest in a girl that we, apart from Will, have not even talked to before today.

"I get you, Ty. There is something. She just shrugged off the entire situation like it's nothing." I say.

"Let's change the topic guys, it's getting depressing. Who wants to go to the Cage tonight? I heard Ace is fighting." Tyler is back to his usual self again.

"I'm not sure. Ace is an asshole. He fights dirty, I'm not a fan of his." I answer, and Will just nods, probably thinking the same thing.

"Yeah, let's just hang around, maybe hit a club." Will adds with a wink.

"Alright. Maybe there will be some nice chicks to play with. – Tyler says with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows. I laugh at this.

"Well, Blake is out, since he's chained now, but you and I can still have fun!" Will laughs as he high-fives Ty.

"Just because Lia agreed to help doesn't mean I have to stay celibate, assholes!" I rebuke jokingly. Well half-jokingly.

"Oh yeah, you do. She's your girl now. Are you seriously going to cheat on her on the FIRST day?!" Tyler exclaims in mock outrage.

"We are only doing this in front of my parents, guys."

"Are you? Have you explained it to her?" Will asks.

"Explain what?"

"That you are going to bang girls on the side, but pretend to be with her only in front of your parents."

"No. But I will tell her."

Will shakes his head at me.

"What?! We're just pretending, anyway!"

"You're so dumb. It's not going to work, unless you're together EVERYWHERE, not just here. What if someone sees you with a different girl and then your parents find out about the whole charade? You can't possibly keep up the act if you don't take it seriously. You will have to be seen together both at school and outside of it or your parents won't believe it." Will explains calmly, like he's talking to a child.

"Jesus Christ, why do I have to do that?!" I whine, falling back on my bed.

"Because it's the right way! Do you realize the heat this whole thing will bring? You have to be believable. We all know how quickly the word spreads around here. Your parents will hear about you getting a girlfriend in no time. You can be sure of it."