Chapter 16

Lia

"Take one more step in my direction and I'll break your legs!" I growl warningly at Declan, stopping him. He hesitates for a moment before speaking.

"Oh, don't be like that. Don't I get my usual hug?" He's grinning cheerfully as he speaks.

"I never gave you a hug, you dick. Stay the fuck away from me." I slam my fist on the desk.

"You heard the lady. Back off." Blake adds, sounding pissed off for some reason.

"Sunshine!" Dick whines, looking like a lost child.

"Stop fucking calling me that unless you want your face redecorated!" I snap at him. Why is he here? He should be in college not high school. He's 20 for fuck's sake!

"I came here specifically for you. You could at least give me a chance." He's suddenly serious. As if I'll get scared. He should know better.

"I mean it, dick. Know your place." I warn him with a glare.

He seems to read my mood and backs off, but not before giving me a knowing smirk. Oh the little shit is going to get it.

"You know him?" Tyler whispers, turning in his seat to face me.

"You could say that." I answer offhandedly, still glaring at Declan as he sits at his desk.

"He gives me the creeps. He's been walking around the school for the whole week, constantly looking around like he was looking for something." Ty sounds worried.

I feel my phone vibrate with a new message. It's from Blake. Why is he texting me? I'm right beside him.

"Who is he?" I look up to see Blake's imploring gaze focused on me.

"Just some fucker I used to know. Don't worry, I can handle him." I text him back, putting my phone away just as the teacher comes in.

The classes run smoothly and now it's lunchtime. As I go to my locker, I see Blake already waiting for me - he wasn't in any of my classes apart from English in the morning. Once I'm done putting away my stuff, he takes my hand, intertwining our fingers. I kinda like when he does that. I catch a lot of shocked looks directed our way as we head towards the school cafeteria. But I also notice few people glaring our way. Especially Victoria and Declan. He watches our connected hands with pure fury etched on his face that he doesn't even try to hide. I guess the whole 'dating Blake' thing might come in handy while dealing with him.

Before I can pay for my food, Blake hands the lady behind the counter his money and as I'm about to argue, he kisses my cheek, leaving me stunned. I will fucking break his neck. He kissed me in front of all those people! I settle for a glare, showing him my displeasure. I catch his chuckle, clearly expecting such reaction from me.

He pulls me with him to his usual table, where the rest of his friends are already seated. I continue to glare at Blake as he puts his tray on the table then takes mine and places it right next to his. I sit down with an angry huff on Blake's left, not missing the triumphant look on his face. Oh, the little shit thinks he's won.

"Well hello, whoever you are." One of the guys from the football team greets with a smile just as I'm about to take a bite of my burger.

"Hi." I give him a blank look as I reply, concentrating on my food.

"This is Lia, my girlfriend, so be nice guys." Blake warns them before turning to his own food.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! YOU'RE DATING THIS WHORE?!" A screeching voice reaches my ears as Victoria stampedes towards the table.