Chapter 34

Blake

We walk around the mall aimlessly, and for once, I don't mind. I hate going shopping with girls, since they usually drag me around from one shop to another, getting tons of shit, which I'm supposed to carry after them.

Thankfully Lia is different. Apart from that one place we went to, she hasn't really gone anywhere. And she didn't like me buying her things, which was fucking surprising. I'm used to girls asking me to pay for almost everything, as if I'm their sponsor.

"Wanna grab a bite?" I ask as we near the food court.

"Sure, why not. Then we can leave, it's getting crowded in here." She suggests, glancing around.

"Alright." I kiss her cheek, leading her to the table nearby. "What do you want to eat?"

"I can buy my own food, Blake." She groans as I put her bag on the seat next to her.

"I know you can." I give her a peck and go to get our meals. I pretty much know what kind of food she likes, so I get us burgers, fries and drinks.

I'm carrying our tray to the table, only to be met with the sight of mall's security guards and the blonde guy from earlier around Lia. She regards them with a hard look, not at all intimidated. I put our food on the table quickly.

"What's going on here?" I ask, making my way to Lia. She takes my hand in hers immediately, squeezing it tight. She's on edge.

"We received a word from the man right here that he was assaulted by her." One of the guards gestures at Lia as he speaks. The blonde guy from earlier has a smug smirk on his face and I want to fucking wipe it off with my fist.

"I already called the cops, but I want to make sure you don't run away." The blondie, as Lia named him, says. I almost lunge at him, but one tug on my hand from my girl keeps me in place.

"Fine, then." She shrugs, sitting down at the table, with me in front of her. She takes the burger from the tray, unwraps the paper and takes a generous bite. I almost laugh at the look on security guys' faces.

"What? I'm hungry." She exclaims when she notices the shocked stares. "Can you go away? It's stressful to eat with you standing there." She glares at the guards, making me chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?! Don't you realize you are in trouble?!" The blondie snaps out of shock and shouts at us. Lia just raises her eyebrow at him mockingly, munching on her fries.

"Calm down blondie and let me eat in peace. I hate it when someone disturbs my meal." She warns him lowly. My kitten's getting angry.

I take her free hand and kiss the back of it. "It's okay, baby, just ignore him." I send her an air kiss, making her smile.

We don't wait long for the cops. We're escorted by the security guards outside, so we don't make a scene. The blonde guy follows us to the station in his own car, while I keep thinking about my dad's inevitable wrath. This is not going to end well.

Lia, on the other hand, is completely calm, sitting on my left, snuggled into my side. She plays with my fingers the whole way, ignoring the inquisitive glances from the officers.

My dad is already at the station when we arrive. Oh fuck, he does not look happy. Thankfully my mom's not with him or this would become a shitshow real fast.

After Lia and I give our version of what happened with the blondie, it's his turn. He's over-exaggerating everything, trying to get us in trouble. What he doesn't know is that Lia's 16, so him making a move on her will cause him problems.