Chapter 52

Lia

I wake up in Blake's arms and with a pounding headache. I glance at the clock on my nightstand before groaning when I see it's already after midnight. Shit, it's late.

I turn around, facing my sleeping boyfriend before burying my face in his shirtless chest.

"You awake, kitten?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I apologize quietly. Blake just kisses the top of my head, running his fingers through my hair soothingly.

"Up up, baby. – he sits up, pulling me with him – You need to take a bath, you smell like distillery." He jokes, and I chuckle before groaning in pain. "Come on, sweetheart."

I drag myself out of bed and Blake obviously enjoys my torture, laughing at me obnoxiously as he follows after me into the bathroom. He fills the tub with warm water and a mint-scented bathing oil. I have it specifically for when I need to sober up.

"You feeling better? You're not gonna throw up on me, are you?" I laugh at his scared tone.

"I'm not. – I chuckle – I'll be fine. Sorry about all that. I don't exactly want to trouble you with my issues." I wince uncomfortably. I really don't want to bother him.

"Don't worry about it baby. I don't mind taking care of you. Your issues are my issues and I can't be okay if you're not." Blake kisses my head, nuzzling his face into my hair.

"What about your parents? Did you tell them we're staying here? Your mom will be worried."

"I called her earlier and said we'll stay here for tonight."

"And she didn't say anything about that?"

"No. I told her you're already asleep and I don' want to wake you." He shrugs.

"Cunning Cakey." I laugh.

After a long bath, we go back to bed, since we have to go to school tomorrow and have to wake up in the morning.

Just thinking about school makes me sick. I know for a fact that people are going to be talking about me. I hate being the center of attention. Someone's about to get hurt. If they say one wrong thing, I will fucking lose it.

Almost as if he can read my thoughts, Blake kisses my neck, rubbing my waist soothingly under the shirt. "It's okay, kitten. No one will bother you, I'll make sure of it."

His words comfort me more than I'm willing to admit, but I'm sure he knows. He knows me better than anyone, he's seen more than anyone, he understands more than anyone.

Wrapped in each other's arms, we finally fall asleep.

But it hasn't been a peaceful night. I kept waking up, the memories of that horrendous incident keeping me awake. Fortunately, I didn't wake Blake up. He doesn't have to witness my struggles.

After going through my morning routine in the guest bathroom, I go to my kitchen to prepare breakfast. Blake is still in bed, snoring lightly, when I bring in his food. I set the tray on the coffee table and make my way to the sleeping beauty.

Running my fingers up and down his spine as he lies on his stomach, I softly coo at him to wake him up. "Wakey wakey, little Cakey." I kiss his cheek and comb his hair with my fingers, coaxing him to get up. He's quite a heavy sleeper, so it takes a few minutes to wake him up.

"Hey baby." I smile at him when his eyes finally open and meet mine. "Breakfast is ready so get your pretty ass up." I pat his butt teasingly.

"It is pretty isn't it?" He teases back, sitting up.