Bonus Chapter - Trip Pt. 2

Blake

After lunch with Tyson, Lia and I go on a tour around the city. During the training with Tyson, I didn't really have time to sightsee, so we're going to use this chance to make up for the lost opportunity.

We drive downtown, to the gym where I trained with Lia's dad and her 'uncles'. They're Tyson's friends from his time in the MMA, all big and fucking scary. I can't even remember how many times they threatened to kill me if I hurt their little girl. I would never hurt my kitten, obviously, but I understand where they came from – Lia is their family and they all know what she went through when she was younger. Of course they're worried about her getting hurt again.

"Lia?! Little Lia?!" An older African American lady exclaims in shock from across the street when we're close to the gym. She looks to be around late 50s or early 60s. She's wearing an apron and is panting slightly with a teary expression. I recognize her from the few times when Tyson and I went to the diner after training. She crosses the street and stops few feet from us. She seems to be hesitating about something.

"Mama Maria." Lia gasps, rushing to the woman and embracing her in a tight hug. I hear quiet sobs coming from both women as they stay in each other's arms.

"My little Lia, it's been so long! Where have you been, you silly girl?! Were you eating well? Look at you, you got so skinny." Maria cries, cupping Lia's cheeks lovingly.

"I'm not skinny, mama. But I'd kill for your famous steak right now." Lia smirks, thinking about the food.

"And who's this? – she turns to me imploringly – I've seen you with Tyson, but..." She trails off with a teasing look.

Lia grins at me and wraps her arm around me, snuggling into my side. "This is my boyfriend Blake. Blake, meet Mama Maria. She's like a mother to me. And she's the best cook I've ever met. She taught me most of the things I know."

Maria comes up to me with a smile. "I'm so happy my little girl found love. Take good care of her, she's a precious girl." She cups my face and pulls my head down to kiss my cheeks.

"He's handsome." Maria grins at Lia, giving me a once-over, wiggling her brows suggestively.

"I know. But he's mine, mama, so don't you dare try to steal him from me." Lia playfully warns her, making my eyes widen. The hell?!

"Oh, please, he's way too young for me. I'd much rather go after one of those hunks from the gym. If only I was 20 years younger." Maria sighs, waving it off, making Lia laugh heartily. "Come on, you two, you're probably hungry. I'll make you something good, hmm? Give me 30 minutes and I'll have your food ready." Without further ado, she skips back to the diner, leaving us to either follow her or wait for those 30 minutes. She sure is lively for an older woman.

We decide to take a short walk before dinner, per Lia's request. She leads me to a dark alley behind the gym her dad trained me at, sighing quietly. "You know, this... is where dad found me. I was hiding in that corner. – she points at the furthest part here, completely hidden from view – It was my favorite place to hide, since it's so dark. No one has ever noticed me there. Except for my dad. When he found me here, he told me that he'd seen me here a few times, but each time he came out of the gym, I was gone. I used to hide here until I heard someone coming. Then I would go away, finding another place to hide. I never went far, though. In my young mind, I thought that maybe one day my parents would come back for me and I wanted them to easily find me. So I roamed around this area, staying close to where they left me." She explains solemnly, sighing occasionally as she reminisces her past.

I mentally curse, hating the fact that I can't do anything to ease the pain she went through, to take it away. All I can do is hold her, kiss her, love her. It won't get rid of the pain she went through, but maybe it'll help her recover from it.