Chapter 12

Lia

We watch the movie in a comfortable silence. I have no idea what it's about though, as I can't concentrate on it because of stupid Blake.

He keeps rubbing my bare knees that he put across his lap. I don't know whether to slap him or punch him. I said 'no touching below waistline' and knees are clearly below waistline. I already kicked him last night for touching, and I'm getting even more tempted to do the same now. But I can't kick him in the face in front of his parents, can I?

So here I am, stuck on his damn couch, with my bare legs across his jean clad thighs, with his warm hand rubbing my knees, sipping hot coffee and eating chocolate cookies as I try to concentrate on the fucking movie playing.

As the credits start rolling, indicating the movie's over, Samantha decides to break the silence in the room.

"Has Blake told you about our Sunday routine?" She asks me. I slowly shake my head in response then turn to Blake for explanation.

"We have this plan we go through every Sunday, as it's the only day my parents are not working. We have breakfast together, then watch a movie, drinking coffee and eating snacks. At lunch mom and dad go on a date and I usually spend time with the guys, and later in the afternoon we go to Soprano for dinner." Blake explains. I'm surprised his parents don't ask why I don't know about it, since supposedly we've been together for months, and that's quite a few Sundays I missed. But I'm grateful they don't pry. I don't have an explanation for this.

"Oh, that's nice."

"Yeah, it is. But what are you guys going to do all day?" Samantha asks me.

I look at Blake, but he just shrugs. Of course. What was I expecting?

"Well since I haven't been at school lately, I think I'm just going to force Blake to study with me." I tell her honestly, since I really am planning on studying.

"We can go through those notes I got you." Blake adds. I nod at him.

"Okay, have fun kids." Jared smiles at us as he takes Samantha's hand and leads her out of the living room. They are goals.

"Want to watch another movie or should we go back to my room?" Blake asks once his parents are out of hearing range.

"Do you really think I need to study on Sunday?" I ask him incredulously.

He smirks at me, clearly getting the wrong idea. "Then what is it that you want to do while we're alone?" He gets back to rubbing my knee.

"Ugh, get your head out of the gutter, Knight. I'm going to copy those notes, and I will need your laptop for it, but I don't study. You'd be surprised how far I am with the syllabus. I can skip over a month of classes and still be ahead with the program." I smirk at his shocked face. He's the first person I've told about me studying ahead of the program, apart from the teachers of course.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I laugh as I pat his chin.

"Then why the hell did I walk around the school, convincing your teachers to give me notes and homework for you when you don't even need it?" He asks, his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Because you're a helpful boyfriend?" I joke, getting him to smile.

"And?"

"And... because you're a diligent boyfriend?"

"And...?"

"And because you're a caring boyfriend?"

"And?"