Chapter 30

Lia

I spent the night with Blake at the hospital after having dinner with my dad. He's made fun of me throughout the whole thing, but in the end told me he's happy to see me like this. Compared to how I was when he found me, this is a tremendous change.

We also talked a lot about my fighting. Dad told me the people that threatened his life before, causing me to leave him, were arrested and sentenced a while ago, so I can come back home any time I want. I assured him I will do that when I'm done with school here. It doesn't make much sense to change schools now, especially since it's the first school I actually managed to stay at for so long. I promised to spend more time with him before leaving for college.

Dad expressed many times how proud he is of me and my current life. He was close to tears when I told him that I have finally made peace with my past and that I'm moving forward with my life.

When I started packing some of our dinner's leftovers for Blake, dad decided to make fun of me again, saying what a devoted girlfriend I am. I told him how Blake broke through my walls, how I got used to his touch and how good he is to me. Dad said he likes him, which I already knew, but he still warned me that he wants to meet him officially when Blake's not in a hospital bed.

I relayed my dad's message to Blake, unintentionally causing him to have a small mental breakdown. He told me my dad scares him, at which I laughed. That man scares everyone. After reassuring my cute Cakey a few times that meeting my dad will be just a formality, he finally relaxed. He's so adorable when he's nervous.

I stayed in bed with Blake for a while, and then asked Sam when she came to check up on him if I could get a blanket and a pillow so I could sleep. She told me I could go home, but I just joked about how Blake would cry if I left, which caused her to laugh at us. I decided to stay on the couch, since I would probably manage to rip his IVs out with my tossing.

I woke up early in the morning so I could go to my house and get ready for school, getting a cute sad pout from Blake, since he had to stay at the hospital for few more hours before he got discharged. I told him I would take him home before finding Sam and asking her to call me once Blake was ready to leave so I could come to pick him up.

I sit in my class, diligently taking notes for Blake, with William in the seat next to me, Tyler and Nathan behind us and Damien and Josh, who is also on the football team, in front of us, caging me completely. William and Tyler talked to the guys from the football team about my so-called protection per Blake's request. So now I have a whole security team assigned to me that follows me from class to class; they even wait for me in front of the bathroom when I need to use it.

I was surprised at first when the guys agreed to help, since they don't know me that well, but when I asked them about it, they just shrugged it off, saying that they actually like me and have no problem with following me around.

After the class is over, I go to Blake's locker to leave my books there with Tyler, William, Nathan and Damien following me. Guys go to their lockers as I put my stuff away.

Suddenly the locker's door is shut, almost catching my fingers. I turn my head to see the culprit, only to be met with Victoria, who smirks maliciously at me.

"You're finally alone, bitch. What? Did you whore yourself to the guys to protect you from me? It's not gonna work, I can get you whenever I want! So why don't you leave Blake before you get seriously hurt, huh?" She warns. But bitch caught me in a bad moment. I've been on edge since yesterday's events with Declan, and coming to school only made me angrier.

I hear my name being called from behind me, but I'm too pissed off now to react. I take bitch's throat in a tight grip then smash her against the lockers with force, getting shocked gasps from her minions. I get into her face as I seethe with anger.