Chapter 2

Vicci - Bas' Designer POV

They wanted something big and grand, but nothing that I've done so far gets me there. I look over the garments that I made for the event one more time, but nothing really screams anything to me. What am I going to do? I need something amazing, but what?

Gurtha suddenly marches past my table as she is pointing her finger at Dee and hisses, "You better not do that again. I know that you intentionally didn't sew on the buttons to Copter's shirt at the last event. You better not pull that again or I'm going to make you pay for it."

Dee smiles and nonchalantly shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know what you are talking about. All I know is that the fans just loved it. If I'm not mistaken, they are still talking about it."

Gurtha's stomps her foot and instantly huffs, "Just don't do it this time. I'll make you pay if you do."

As Gurtha abruptly turns and walks away, Dee smiles and shouts, "Oh, don't forget that they want the fans happy and Copter's exposed chest made the fans very happy!"

Wait. Exposed chest. Happy fans.

I got a brilliant idea. I quickly grab my keys and my bag and run out of the venue.

Why didn't I think of this sooner? Well, I can't do this all the time, but they want something amazing and I'm going to give them something shiny and brilliant. I'm sure the fans will be talking about this for a long time after this event.

As I run past Gurtha, I shout, "I'll be right back! Don't do anything to Bas until I return! Absolutely nothing!"

I don't wait for a response as I run out the door and to my car.

As if my life depended on it, I returned to the venue in record and time I run back to my area. Gurtha seems irritated but I don't care. My career and my reputation are on the line. Plus, everyone is wanting something spectacular and I think I've finally figured out just what that is.

With a sigh of relief, I plop the bags down on the table as I chime, "Gurtha, let's get ready to make Bas look fabulous."

She rolls her eyes at me, crosses her arms over her chest, and huffs, "Bas looks fabulous just the way he is."

I shake my head. "No. They want him to look even more fabulous than normal. I'm not sure exactly why, but they told me that he has to look amazing, maybe even out of this world. I finally think that I have just the perfect combination. I still can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner."

Gurtha sighs. "What are you going to do?"

I chuckle as I continue to setup my area. "You will see."

Gurtha huffs, "Well, you better not do something so appalling as make Bas go out without a shirt on. I still can't believe that Dee did that to Copter twice. Well, technically, the last time Copter had a shirt on. It was just so low cut that he might as well have not worn it."

I just smile to myself. She will find out shortly what I have in mind. Why spoil the surprise?

Bas walks up and happily chimes, "I'm here. Make me beautiful!"

Gurtha quickly coos, "Oh, but you are beautiful already."

Bas smiles and softly chimes, "Thanks." He then quickly turns his attention back towards me. "So, what are you going to do with me today? I was told that you had something special in mind for today's event."

Just as I go to explain me idea, Dee walks past our table and Gurtha grunts, "Dee, you better not pull anymore stunts today like you did at the last event."