Merlin x Reader: Surprise Part 2

Now, you'd be lying if you said you'd thought your meeting with King Uther would go well.

But this was ridiculous.

You sighed in exasperation as soldiers filed out from all corners of the citadel, drawing their swords and pointing them at you. "What is the meaning of this?" Arthur shouted as he dismounted. King Uther himself strode out.

"That is Queen Y/N of the druids!" Uther shouted. "She is not to be trusted." Merlin moved to dismount, but you stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"I've got this." You dismounted as gracefully as you could. "Your Majesty," You began. "I come bearing no ill will towards you or your kingdom. I come in hopes of forging a peace treaty between our people.

"I will not speak with the queen of demons." The words stung, and you glared at Uther.

"How about the King?" An arm wrapped around your shoulders, and you looked up to see Merlin staring at Uther coolly. Uther was shocked. His face was white, but anger quickly darkened the colour.

"You dare hide in my castle, under my very nose?" Uther drew the sword hanging at his waist and ran towards the two of you. Yours and Merlin's eyes flashed. Merlin ripped the sword from Uther's grip, and you threw him back. Arthur ran to his father. "They attacked me!" Uther roared.

"In all fairness, you attacked them." Arthur reminded his father. "And I want to listen to what they have to say. It could bring a new era of peace. I know we've never accepted magic, but if there's even a chance of bringing harmony to our land, we should jump at the opportunity!" Uther looked like he wanted to argue, but he couldn't deny the logic of his son. He sighed in reluctant defeat.

"Fine," He ground out. He stood up and began to walk away. "Show the king and queen to their chambers." He disappeared into the castle. You and Merlin sighed in relief and allowed the knights to take you to your rooms.

...

You flopped onto the bed and you sighed, feeling the tension leave your body for the first time in weeks. "That comfortable?" Merlin asked in amusement. You hummed, smiling up at him and holding your hand out. Merlin grinned, took your hand, and allowed you to tug him down next to you. He groaned and slung an arm around you, pulling you close. "I missed you," He kissed your temple lightly. You smiled and snuggled into his chest.

"Me too." You mumbled. You were both silent for a moment, until you spoke up again. "Do you think Uther will listen to us?" He sighed.

"I don't know," He told you truthfully. "But whatever happens, we'll know that we tried. And as long as we protect our people, we will be fine." He finished. You smiled, leaning up to kiss his chin.

"You're a wonderful King." You told him.

"I'm nothing without my Queen," He smiled. You felt your heart squeeze and you wrapped your hand around his neck, tugging him down to kiss you. He grinned into the kiss and held you tighter. When you pulled back, you both lay there in each other's embrace, simply enjoying being in each other's presence.

Sadly, the moment of peace didn't last wrong.

Knuckles pounded against the door. "Your Highnesses!" Someone called through the door. "The King will see you now!" You sighed and looked up at Merlin, who smiled at you reassuringly. With one last kiss, you intertwined your fingers and walked out the door, ready to fight for your people.