Lancelot x Reader: Secrets

"Okay. Now keep your hands cupped. Just like that!" Merlin instructed as you balanced a shaky ball of energy between your hands. Just as you thought you were getting it, the ball fizzled out. You slumped in disappointment as your brother patted your back. "It's okay, Y/N. You just need to practice more." He smiled at you. "You're definitely improving."

You smiled. "Thanks, Merlin."

"We'll practice again tomorrow, alright? It's pretty late now."

"Is it?" You looked out the window. It was pitch black. "Oh shoot!" You had been so preoccupied by your magic lessons that the hours just flew by. "I should go to bed. Night Merlin!" You went to bed, leaving Merlin to document herbs on his own.

...
Your room was a few doors down from the infirmary. Because it was already so late, the halls were completely deserted.

So it was an understatement to say you were surprised when you turned the corner only to bump into someone walking in the other direction. You stumbled back in surprise, looking up at the newcomer. "Oh," You said, recognizing the person. "Hello, Lancelot."

"Good evening, Y/N." He replied. "It's late; shouldn't you be in bed?"

"I could ask you the same thing," You replied without missing a beat. Lancelot blinked, before laughing softly.

"There's no question about it; you're definitely Merlin's sister." He offered his arm. "May I escort you back to your chamber?" You smiled.

"You certainly may."

...

What was supposed to be a peaceful end to your day turned out to be the beginning of a restless night. Nightmare after nightmare plagued your sleep. And since you were just beginning to get a hold of your magic, it meant your magic was directly influenced by your emotions. You were lucky the first few times; only having to mop up water or clean up some broken glass.
Unfortunately, you were fast asleep when fire shot out from your fingertips.

...

Lancelot was doing his rounds when he smelled the smoke. Instantly alert, he began to quietly make his way towards the source of the smoke.

He turned the corner and froze.

Smoke was seeping out from under your door. Lancelot immediately lunged for the door, throwing his weight against it. It gave instantly. Lancelot scanned the room and immediately spotted the fire near the door. He ripped off his cape and threw it on top of the blaze, smothering it. When he was sure the fire was out, he turned his attention to you.

Your brow was scrunched up, sweat beaded on your face, and you tossed your head from side to side. Lancelot sat on the edge of your bed. He gripped your shoulders, shaking you lightly. "Y/N. Y/N, wake up!" Your whimpers slowly grew in volume as Lancelot continued to try and rouse you. "Y/N!"

You woke up with a shriek. Your palms were outstretched, and a snowball flew out of them and across the room. You immediately recoiled, watching Lancelot anxiously, wondering how he'd react to your...secret.

He didn't even acknowledge it, though. "It was just a nightmare, Y/N. You're safe. There's nothing here." You didn't answer, still breathing heavily. Your hands shook as you tucked them under your arms. Lancelot noticed your body language, and gently pulled your hands away from your body. "Hey." He said.

"Your secret is safe with me."

"You won't... you won't tell?"

"No," He told you. "If I can keep Merlin's secret, one more isn't an issue." You stared at him in bewilderment. Your fears were gone, replaced by shock.

"How long have you known about Merlin?!" He shrugged, looking sheepish.

"It's a long story."