Lancelot x Reader: Picnic

You were sitting at the fountain, facing the centre and gently dragging your fingers through the water. The people around you were going about their day, while you were content to wait.

A hand tapped your shoulder. You turned but there was no one. You turned the other way, and were greeted by a small bouquet of wildflowers. Lancelot's face peeked out from behind it with a small smile. "Hi." You smiled and took the flowers from him, pressing your lips to his cheek.

"Hey, you." Lancelot stood and pulled you up. He pulled you in for a soft kiss, before pulling back and lacing your fingers together, making your way out of the courtyard.

...

"Why are we doing this?" Percival whispered as they followed the couple at a fair distance.

"Shh!" Gwaine shoved him. "You know why."

"Well yeah, but this seems extreme considering he took the last apple that you didn't say you wanted." Percival dodged a swipe at his head.

"You don't have to be here, you know."

"Well someone has to supervise you, and I lost the draw."

...

"How much farther is this place?" You giggled as Lancelot led you forward. "Can I open my eyes?"

"So many questions," He chided. "But your suffering is almost over, I promise." He stopped you, and you heard his footsteps retreat. You heard rustling, but then he came back. "Alright, open them." You opened your eyes, and gasped.

There was a picnic set up in a field of wildflowers on the other side of a brook. You turned to Lancelot. "When did you set this up?" He raised an eyebrow and raised a finger to his lips. You laughed. "I love you." He grinned.

"I love you too." Without another word, he lifted you into his arms. "Hold on." You wrapped your arms around his neck and he leapt across the brook, setting you down on your feet. He sat down, and pulled you down with him, snuggling into his side as you ate. You were just exchanging small kisses and soft whispers, when you heard something snap. You both looked up as Lancelot pulled you closer into his side as he scanned the woods.

Then a rotten apple exploded across Lancelot's back. You shrieked in surprise as he pulled you closer. "Gwaine!" Lancelot snarled. Gwaine appeared from behind a tree with another apple, tossing it in his hand. "What are you doing?"

"Getting revenge!" He shouted in reply, tossing another apple towards the two of you. It splattered on the ground next to you. You wiped some residue off your face as Lancelot checked you over. Then you heard more rustling, and Percival emerged, with a struggling Gwaine tossed over his shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"The deal was you'd mess with Lancelot, not Y/N!" Percival smiled apologetically at you before leaving with a thrashing Gwaine shouting in protest. You both watched them go quietly, before laughing.

"I risk my life for them on a daily basis and they still love you more than me."

"It's just part of my natural charm." You grinned cheekily. He chuckled before leaning in to softly kiss your cheek.

"I can't argue with that." You giggled, and began to pull at the laces of his jerkin. Lancelot smirked and gripped you waist, leaning in to nip your ear. "God, I'll never be tired of you." You blushed, pulling his jerkin up over his head. He leaned in to kiss you again.

"Ah ah ah," You got up and walked over to the edge of the brook, leaving a sputtering Lancelot behind. You tied the sleeves together and hooked them over a low hanging tree branch, letting the apple-stained section rest in the running water. You stood up and returned to the picnic blanket, sitting down next to a pouting Lancelot. "Did you forget you were covered in apple guts?" You teased. He didn't say a thing, but instead grabbed your arm and pulled you forward roughly. You yelped in surprise, but it was cut off by his lips crashing into yours. He clutched you impossibly tight as you held onto his shoulders. When he pulled back, you were both breathing heavily. "Am I forgiven?" You asked softly. He smiled and nudged his nose against yours.

"Always."