Arthur x Reader: Alone Together

You groaned as you sat up. "Ugh, I'm never staying up until four again," You grumbled as you rubbed your eyes tiredly.

Then you realized you weren't in your room. "What the hell?" You stood up in the middle of a endless green field. A castle towered in the distance. You held your hand up to block the sun as you studied your surroundings. It was the only visible civilization, and you decided that it was the best option. As you walked, you were filled with a sense of déjà vu. Eventually, you made it through the front gates. Red banners hung from the high stone walls, a golden dragon sewn on the front. Then it hit you.

"No way." You stopped and studied the kingdom. It was the exact same as the show! As you were lost in your staring, a horse thundered by, with a knight sitting atop it. "Was that...Lancelot?" You asked yourself. "If he's alive, then that means..." You trailed off and ran towards the castle. You ran down the steps and threw open that familiar wooden door. "I need to speak to Merlin!" You almost shrieked. Gaius looked at you, and his eyes widened in shock. He nodded dumbly.

"Merlin?" He called over his shoulder, his gaze never leaving you. "Someone's here to talk to you." You heard footsteps, and Emrys himself turned the corner, freezing when he saw you.

"Y/N?" He said at last, which creeped you out.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" You shook your head. "Actually, never mind. I have to tell you something important. Arthur's life is in danger!" He blinked at you.

"I think you should sit down. You're not thinking straight."

"You have to believe me! It's Morgana; she's going to open the Callieach. It will tear Camelot apart if it isn't stopped!""How do you know this?"

"I've watched you stop it." They stared at you.

"Then why are you warning us?"

You hesitated. "...Because Lancelot died to stop it." Merlin and Gaius stiffened. "And unless you believe me, it'll happen again." Merlin and Gaius looked at each other for a long moment. Then Merlin sighed.

"I'll get Arthur. Follow me." He motioned, and you complied. He knocked on the doors of the throne room, and after no reply entered anyways. Arthur was pacing at the window.

"Arthur?" Arthur sighed in annoyance.

"What is it now, Mer—" He turned around and froze at the sight of you. "Y-Y/N?" He said cautiously. You raised an eyebrow. Why did they all know your name? You were so caught up in your musings that you didn't notice Arthur until he was right in front of you. You looked up to find him staring at you intently. He slowly reached a hand out to your face. "Is it really you?" You said nothing. "I thought you were dead!" He pulled you into his arms before you could do anything. Merlin seemed to notice your discomfort, and tapped Arthur's shoulder. Arthur reluctantly let go and turned to Merlin.

"Arthur, I don't think she remembers." Arthur looked at you in disbelief. He pointed to himself.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked cautiously. You nodded.

"You're Arthur." He sighed in relief and gave Merlin an 'I told you so' look. "But how do you all know my name? I've never been here." The colour drained from Arthur's face and he turned to Merlin, who shrugged helplessly. The room was silent, until Merlin cleared his throat.

"Anyways...Y/N came saying she had information." He motioned to you.

"Oh. Oh yeah! Uh...Morgana is planning to open something called a Callieach. And unless we stop it, Camelot will fall and Lancelot will die." Arthur's eyed bulged out of his head. He turned to Merlin again.

"How does she—?"

"I have no idea." Arthur thought, before turning to you.

"Alright, Y/N. What do you propose we do?" You grinned to yourself. The fan theories would never come in useful, they said. Well you were about to prove them wrong. You grabbed a piece of parchment and quill from the table and laid them out. You began to write as you tried to ignore Arthur's burning gaze on you."Well first of all..."

...

So. The fan theories didn't work. You had followed the plan step for step, but after Arthur tackled you out of the way of a falling rock, you were all huddled behind debris, trying to figure out what to do next. "This is all my fault." You cursed yourself. Arthur looked down at you and wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"Don't say that. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have been prepared for this at all. Thanks to you, we have a chance." You scoffed.

"A chance? Look around." He sighed and pulled you closer.

"Don't blame yourself."

"Arthur, come on. What part of this am I not to blame for?" He sighed again. He opened his mouth to say something, but was stopped by a rumbling noise above you. You both looked up as rocks fell towards you. Arthur slung his arm around your waist and flung you out of the way. Rocks hit the exact spot you had been sitting.

"Are you alright?" He asked from where he was crouched above you. You nodded breathlessly. You saw him relax. "Good." He looked around, before helping you up and running to another hiding spot. You both tried to catch your breath, as you heard a pair of footsteps. You looked over the edge of your hiding spot as Lancelot walked towards the rift.

History was repeating itself. You ran towards Lancelot and grabbed his shoulder. His head snapped to look at you. "Don't!" You snapped. "If you go in there you'll die!" Arthur came up behind you and locked his arms around you, pulling you away from the rift. You glanced towards it and froze.

You could see your room, exactly as you'd left it the night before. "I know how to stop it," You breathed. Arthur's grip on you loosened and you turned to look at him. He stared at you as if he knew exactly what your plan was.

"No." He said firmly. "Absolutely not." ...Apparently he did know exactly what your plan was.

"I can see my home on the other side." You argued. "I'll be fine!"

"Your home is with us!" He shouted and you blinked in surprise. "...With me." You sighed. He wasn't making this easy. You looked up, gently grabbed his face, and pulled him in for a kiss. He quickly melted into the kiss, and you took your chance.

"I'm sorry," Your voice cracked as you mumbled against his lips. Before he could do anything, you shoved him over, and raced towards the rift.

You ran through without a second look, ignoring the shouts for you to stop. You collided with your wall as you stopped yourself. You turned around to see Arthur racing towards you. The rift closed before he could even get close.

And then you were both alone.