ten / school

emma

Bryce and I always drove to school together. It's just what we did. So as always, he came over 20 minutes early to help me pick an outfit out. 

Bryce impatiently tapped his fingers along his chin as he stared into my closet.

"I'd go with those black ripped skinny jeans. The ones that make your butt look really good." He said confidently.

"And for the top?" 

"Definitely that white v neck with a black choker." He nods towards my closet and I go to grab the outfit and change.

"So what's been going on with you and Ashton?" Bryce asks with a wicked grin as I shimmy into my jeans and slip the tshirt over my head.

"Nothing really," I lie, clipping the choker around my neck, "Just talking." I shrugged.

"Liar." Bryce called me out and I rolled my eyes before pulling my hair out of the 2 braids I slept in, leaving my hair slightly wavy.

I rested my back and elbows on my vanity as I sighed deeply and Bryce gave me a questioning look.

"I'm starting to maybe, like, catch feelings for him." I say as I look down and pick at the black polish on my fingernails.

Bryce rolled his eyes, "Well obviously. Anyone could've guessed that."

"But Bryce," I look up at him, "He's never going to feel the same way about me."

"What makes you so sure?" He raises a perfectly plucked brow.

"I'm just a fan to him." I shrugged, my bottom lip jutted out ever-so-slightly.

"Not true at all, Emma." Bryce gives me a disapproving look and I lightly chuckle at him.

"Yes true." I stifle a laugh.

"He's already told you you're more than that. I don't understand what more you need." He rolls his eyes for the thousandth time this morning.

I shrug, "Proof."

...

I sighed heavily to myself as I slipped a headphone into my ear, immediately using my long, brown waves to cover it up and turned on some music, completely blocking out biology. 

I glanced down at my phone and smiled at a new text.

ash: em 

ash: entertain me

ash: this is the most boring meeting i've ever been to

ash: plus

ash: i miss you

ash: shit

ash: did that make things awkward

ash: i meant like

ash: wait 

ash: it meant i miss you

ash: what the fuck am i saying

ash: I MISS YOU EM COME TALK TO ME

me: i'm here i'm here relax

me: you missed me

me: awe

me: that's cute

ash: you're cute

me: you're cheesy af

ash: but it works am i right

ash: yes ashton you are so right

ash: thanks em

me: never said that

me: but yeah i guess it klnda does

ash: i have a radio interview in 5 minutes when this meetings over

ash: will you listen

me: ill try my very hardest

ash: what if i talk about you

me: okay ill definitely be listening

ash: good

ash: ill text you when the interviews over

me: alright bye ash

ash: bye em x

I quickly got an app so I could listen to his radio interview instead of this dumb biology lecture. After a few mainstream pop songs, I heard the name that sparked so many different emotions at once.

-

I decided to put the radio interview in the next chapter which will be titled "radio" or something like that idk but since this chapter is supposed to be all about school stuff ish ill put it in the next one. bUT YAY FOR DOUBLE UPDATE. i might do another if i feel rly generous