sixteen / hurt

ashton

We exited the stage with that familiar warmth in my stomach, still hyped up from the performance. We headed to the tour bus and sat down, getting comfortable in our seats before all pulling up our phones and doing our own thing. 

"Let's celebrate." Michael speaks up out of nowhere, slightly startling us all.

"What?" Calum turns to face Michael.

"Celebrate." Michael shrugs, "It's the 43rd show tonight." 

"What are you suggesting?" I raise a brow, and lean forward, dropping my phone onto the seat.

"Let's get drunk." Michael grins, and immediately the tour bus is headed to a downtown bar.

emma

Ashton hasn't texted me in hours and I honestly don't know why I care so much. Before I know what I'm doing, I call Bryce and make him come over for a movie night.

"How's my favorite 'almost-dating-a-celebrity'?" Bryce opens his arms for a hug but I slap him away.

"We're not almost dating, you moron." I roll my eyes and head upstairs, assuming he'll follow.

After browsing through the 5-7 section on Netflix for almost an hour, we decide on High School Musical (although it really isn't just for 5-7 year olds).

I find myself yawming and dozing off before the movie even ends.

ashton

"Another." I slur to the bartender, and he fills my shot glass again.

"Shit, Ashton." Michael chuckles, "That's gotta be a record for you."

I just nod my head and down the shot, when someone else catches my attention.

"Aren't you in that band?" A blonde next to me says.

"Oh my god they're everywhere." I groan, pointing to random spots in the room.

She giggles, "What?"

"Fans." I slur, before resting my chin on my hand and sighing.

"Jeez Mister Confident, all I asked was if you were in that band." She snorts, "I don't even know the name of your dumb band."

I grinned even though she was calling my band dumb and we continued talking, except I'm not really sure what we talked about because it was too damn hazy in that bar and way too loud and I just wanted to leave at this point.

Suddenly, a brunette comes up behind the blonde and says something I can't even hear. The blonde grabs my wrist and leads me to some back room, and I just follow because I'm too wasted to even know where I am at this point.

"We're playing a game." She grins at me, before sitting down and motioning for me to sit down next to her.

"Okay." I shrug, and smile at her.

Soon, a small beer bottle is placed on the floor in the center of this circle I was brought into.

"Do you know this game?" She asks and I nod.

"I'll go first." She winks at me but I'm too damn drunk to even react.

Just out of my luck, the bottle lands on me and I obviously know what to do from there.

I grab the blondes face and quickly pull my mouth to hers, and suddenly cameras flash.

"Those better not end up on the internet." I slur and giggle.

That's how the rest of the night went, too.  Lots of slurring, giggling and kissing.

emma

I yawned and sat up before slapping Bryce to wake him up. I picked up my phone and noticed a ton of unread messages.

ash: emma

ash: em please talk to me

ash: are you there

ash: don't check twitter

ash: i duno if you'll even care but

ash: just don't check twitter

ash: i'm sorry em

Obviously I check twitter, and my body goes rigid. Tons of pictures, tons of different girls, all with the one and only Ashton Irwin. I feel slight tears prick my eyes before shaking them off and laughing to myself.

Ashton's not my boyfriend.

Ashton's just a friend.

A friend that I have extremely strong feelings for.

Damn it.

I have a reason to be upset.

me: it's not like we're dating or anything ash

me:  i can't control you

me: yes it hurt

me: no i don't like it

me: but i can't control if you have feelings for me or not

me: so i can't really be mad AT you

ash: no em

ash: no it's not okay

ash: if it hurt you then it isn't okay

ash: i do like you

ash: i do have feelings for you

ash: you know that

ash: you've always known that

me: ashton it's okay

ashton: no it isnt em

ashton: stop

Incoming Call: ashton

"Hello?" I shakily answer, trying not to cry and wake up Bryce.

"Em, it's not okay." Ashton sighed, "Stop it."

"It's fine." My voice cracked at the end and I cursed myself under my breath.

"Are you crying?" Ashton sounded worried, but it was just as a friend.

"No." I nervously chuckled.

"Yes you are." Ashton huffed.

"No, I'm really not." I chuckled again, "Look, I gotta go."

And I hung up before he could say anything else.