Tested Tales

After hours of rehearsals, Yuni and her group cleaned up, gathered their things, and left the theater. She was pleased with the results of their practice. More so since she got a new stagehand. She looked back to notice Ashai in the back lingering. Yuni looked at Eri and motioned for everyone to head on home. Ashai hadn't noticed that everyone had left.

"Hey," Yuni said, leaning back and looking at him. "You alright?"

He was startled by her and stumbled, "Oh... Um no, Yuni. I just am not used to this place. I'm sorry. Everything is so different here."

She smiled weakly and placed her hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, Ashai. I bet it's scary to move to a new place and have to make friends. My friends and I are here for you. I promise. Speaking of new places, where are you from?"

"M-me?" Ashai stuttered looking away from her, "I'm from Shiogama

"M-me?" Ashai stuttered looking away from her, "I'm from Shiogama. My parents, sister, and I moved here a few weeks ago."

"Wow, that's a distance," she said, walking forward a bit, "Do you need any help getting home? How far away do you live? I'm so sorry I should have asked you."

"N-no I do not far. My family lives in a condo by the station. I still live at home to help take care of my little sister," he said, shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Thank you so much for today, Yuni."

Yuni smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "No prob, Ashai! Anytime you need someone, don't hesitate to call. I put my number in your phone. I hope that's okay. Well, I've got to go. See you at rehearsal tomorrow?"

"Y-yeah," he blushed and turned away, "See y-you to-tomorrow."

They parted ways into the busy streets of Tokyo. It was about eight-thirty by the time Yuni had reached the hill to her home. ~I am starving. Why did I decide to walk home? Stupid decision. I'd fly, but the walk feels nice.~ She thought as she began to walk up the hill. The night air was light and crisp with bits of warmth from the sun mixed in. It felt good against Yuni's warm skin. She turned to see the busy lights of the city. The view from the hill was one of the best ways to see Tokyo.

"Even at night Tokyo doesn't sleep.," she said as she turned around and began to walk once more. "You'd think the Summer would make people less eager, but I guess people are more likely to do things at night."

Suddenly, she heard tires behind her as a large black SUV pulled up beside her. It took her a moment to notice that it was one of her family cars. She kept walking as the car slowly drove beside her. The windows were tinted so she couldn't see who was in the car. Not that it would help since it was dark outside and they were away from the nearest street light. ~Great timing, but now I don't want a ride.~ she thought as she saw the back window roll down.

"Yuni," a voice called out. "Get in, baby sprat."