Family Vacation

It had been a couple of weeks since Rin's birthday party, and it took some time for Sesshomaru to finish the adoption process. What made it harder was the fact that Rin and Sesshomaru were from the Feudal Era. A time where many didn't know if their children were going to live or die. The Moon family understood and had to create documents for them. The process took a total of three days to create and authenticate the papers then another eight days to send it off for processing.

Yuni waited every day for the mail to arrive in the hopes that it would contain good news. Then the day finally came. The mailman was late by three hours, but showed up and gave Yuni the envelope everyone had been waiting for. She quickly ran to find Sesshomaru and handed him the envelope.

"SESSHOMARU!" she shouted, "Hurry up and open it! I want to make sure that the papers look authentic."

Sesshomaru looked at her and smiled, "Okay, okay. Hold on."

Sesshomaru looked at the envelope for a moment and pondered. He wondered how good the papers looked. The thought of keeping Yuni in suspense made Sesshomaru feel a bit of hilarity at the moment. He took a second to reflect throughout his experiences not only with Rin but Yuni and her family as well. Then he snapped back into reality and began to open the envelope lightly.

Yuni peaked behind him, "How do they look?"

"Woah, there," Sesshomaru said surprised that Yuni was this close, "I believe that they look accurate. You would be a better judge of this type of paperwork."

"May I?" she asked, slowly putting her hand out.

Sesshomaru quickly handed the papers to Yuni. She took them and looked at each document for a few minutes. He could tell that she was making sure everything was in its proper place and that all of the official stamps were in the right places and were approved. Yuni skimmed through the dates of birth for Sesshomaru and Rin.

"You picked January twenty-third for your birthday?" Yuni asked, looking at Sesshomaru from the papers.

"Yes," he said plainly, "I was born in the winter during a blizzard. Many thought I would not make it, but my parents weren't worried."

"I see," Yuni said, folding her arms and sticking her tongue out playfully, "I'm still learning more about you."

Sesshomaru laughed and pulled her into his arms, "Life wouldn't be exciting if we knew everything about each other."

Yuni nodded and kissed his cheek, "That is true, Sesshomaru. Well, I will let you get back to work. By the way, I finished packing your bags for the trip. We leave tonight at eight sharp!"

"Well, thank you, my love," Sesshomaru said, smiling, "You will have to tell me more about America on the plane."

Yuni agreed, left the room, and walked upstairs to the loft space. She went into the living room and looked at the luggage that had been laid out throughout the room. Each bag had their luggage tags so they wouldn't get lost. Even though they were traveling in their private jet, Yuni just wanted to be sure that everything would be okay.

She smiled as she noticed that Rin and Shippo had designed their own luggage tags. Rin's was drawn to look like famous cartoon superheroes, while Shippo's had many different images and drawings all over it. Nonetheless, it made Yuni smile. It was then she started to count the tags to make sure everyone was accounted for.

"Rin, Shippo, Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Eri, Kazue, Daisuke, Akemi, and her family. Hmm..." Yuni said, placing her index finger on her chin, "Where are Goten and Miyabi's bags?"

She quickly went down the hall to Goten and Miyabi's room. It frustrated her that they weren't ready for the trip yet. ~What the Hell?~ Yuni thought as she got closer to their door. ~Miyabi is usually the first one ready.~ The closer she got, the more intense her thoughts were. Once she got to the door, Yuni noticed that the door was wide open.