Beloved Beginnings

Sesshomaru and Yuni arrived at the castle at around nine in the evening. They were both beaming with happiness and love. When they walked in, Goten was there at the door waiting to greet them. He still looked a bit worn out from the heavy drinking from the night before and was puzzled by their happy faces. Slowly, he stepped aside and allowed them to go inside.

"Where were you two?", he said, closing the door quietly, "There wasn't a note. Miyabi and Akemi were worried sick. I know that you know better, Yuni."

"Relax, big brother," Yuni said, fluffing her hair with her ring hand, "we just went out for a bit. We got some things, and I showed Sesshomaru around Tokyo. We went to the amusement park. Nothing too spectacular."

Goten nodded as they all made their way to the living room

Goten nodded as they all made their way to the living room. Sesshomaru nudged Yuni playfully as they walked. As they walked into the room, they noticed Miyabi, Akemi, Rini, and Inuyasha were still awake. It seemed odd, at least to Yuni. She reached into her pocket and saw that her phone had died. She then turned to look at the nearest clock, and it read nine-forty-five. Miyabi was usually in bed by then, and Rini was almost always hidden in her room. ~They must have been worried. Rini hardly ever leaves her room and yet since Sesshomaru's arrival has been out of her room more times than she has in the past year.~ Yuni thought sitting in between Miyabi and Akemi.

"Where were you two?" Miyabi said looking at Yuni then Sesshomaru. "And what were you two doing out so late?"

Akemi looked at them with suspicion, "Yeah... You seem awfully happy right now. What's going on?"

"Nothing," Yuni said, trying to use her best poker face, but failing, "just had a great day, sis

"Nothing," Yuni said, trying to use her best poker face, but failing, "just had a great day, sis."

"Yeah, not buying it," Inuyasha said, folding his arms and crossing his legs on the couch.

"What are you not buying, Inuyasha?" Yuni said, rubbing her arms. "It was a perfect day. Honestly. We had a lot of fun."

It was then Akemi caught a glimpse of it. She saw the ring on Yuni's finger. Her eyes light up, and she jumped for joy. She was so excited for them. Yuni stood, and Akemi hugged her while continuing to jump and down. ~YES! YES! YES! I knew if she gave him a chance this could happen!~ Akemi thought quickly as she shrieked for joy. Everyone except Sesshomaru looked confused. ~I'm glad she is the first to have noticed the ring.~ Sesshomaru thought. ~Akemi is the pickiest of them all Let's just hope she's happy about it.~