The Masquerade

In the morning, Yuni was startled by her older sister, Rini

In the morning, Yuni was startled by her older sister, Rini. It was only about four-thirty in the morning, and Yuni had only gotten five hours of sleep. She knew the day was against her, just like her sister was at this moment. Everyone knew not to wake up Yuni. Just in case she didn't get enough sleep. Rini had forgotten or just ignored it. Yuni knew this because Rini was right in her face.

"RiRi, what is your deal?", she said groggily shaking her sister off of her, "Sleep is a lovely and wonderful thing. It's something YOU are known to do for eight to twelve hours!"

Rini waved her hand and dismissed Yuni's remark, "I have something SUPER important to tell you about your tall, silver-haired and golden-eyed man."

"Did he return to his home?"

"No."

"Did he give up on me?"

"Not that I know of."

"Then why, for the love of our family, would you wake me up at FOUR-THIRTY THIS MORNING!", Yuni yelled as Rini walked over to the windows to open the curtains. "Great, the sky is awake. Can I not be for once?"

"Sorry, sis, no can do. We have a masquerade to prepare for." Rini sang off-tune.

Yuni rubbed her eyes and adjusted to the fact that she wasn't going to be going back to sleep any time soon. ~What was with Rini? A Masquerade? What is she going on about?~ she thought stretching and yawning before getting out of bed. ~You're a night owl. Go back to dwelling in that dungeon you call your room.~ Part of her hoped that Rini was listening to her thoughts. Sadly, that was not the case. Her pleas fell on deaf ears. She sighed, got up, and went into the bathroom to change.

While doing so, Rini continued to explain the Masquerade to Yuni. She didn't see a point in it. It wasn't the season for a masquerade right now as it is. It was starting to be Summer, and most people would be getting ready for a month of vacation. Rini sensed that was what her sister was thinking. This was an odd moment for Rini. Usually, she was hiding in her room waiting for festivities to be over, but today she wanted to have fun. And a masquerade was the perfect excuse to pretend.

"Sis, invites have already been sent out!" Rini said, smiling her mischievous grin.

"WHAT?!", Yuni said, fixing her shirt, "So, no one even bothered to ask me? Okay, that's just great. Whatever, Ri. What's the theme anyway?"

Rini's smile grew even more, "Escape Summer's Kiss."

"Um...okay, that's different. People will definitely know that I didn't pick the title," she said, heading to the door, "Alright, let's go. I have to greet my fate."

"Oh, one more thing," Rini clasped Yuni's hands, "It's today."

Yuni's eyes turned golden-amber then faded back to gold, "Fine. You guys get to plan it. I will have no part in this."