Free Will part 1

It had been two weeks since Yuni had been taken to the Hirayama estate. After three days of being there, the side effects of the song Takeshi played had worn off on Yuni. Though they did, Yuni still kept up the facade of having no memory of the past year. It was hard, but she did it. The more time she spent walking around the grounds and listening in on quiet conversations, the more she learned about the Hirayama family.

She knew that Kiyoko and Aiko Hirayama weren't crucial to Akio's plan of controlling the world. This depressed her slightly, thinking that they never knew what a kind and loving family was. After a week, she learned that they were teamed up with the spirits of Millenium Syndicate. This made her furious. Yuni had thought she had gotten rid of them as a child. Although she did eradicate the group, their spirits still want Yuni, and now, with Takeshi as their host, they think they're close to getting her.

It repulsed her to have to make Takeshi think she wanted him, but she had no choice except to do so to avoid being found out. She noticed that there had been new maids on the grounds and quickly caught onto their scents. ~Eri. Kazue. Junko. Miyu. Annnnnnnd... Charlotte. They came to help me? Hmm... Okay I think I can work with this.~ Yuni thought as she went to have lunch with Akio, his wife Fumiko, and Takeshi.

She got ready quickly and followed the maids out to the patio. There, sitting at an outdoor table, were the people Yuni was supposed to meet. Yuni inhaled quietly and walked over to them with a smile. The only one she really tolerated of the ones at the table was Fumiko. Akio was too self-centered for Yuni's taste, and Takeshi made her blood boil. ~He's more irritating than his younger brother.~ She thought as she sat down.

It was then Yuni realized that she hadn't seen much of Haku in the time she had been at the manor. He was nowhere to be found. There were times she had heard the maids gossip about how he stayed in his room, but Yuni was never able to thoroughly search the grounds. Someone was always with her. Maids, butlers, Aiko, and Kiyoko. They were always walking with her, and it was rare that she had a moment to walk the grounds alone.

"Oh, Yuni! How good to see you!" Fumiko said, getting up and hugging Yuni.

"Fumiko! So happy you could join us for lunch!" Yuni said while hugging her back.

Takeshi pulled out Yuni's seat, and she sat down in the chair beside. After he pushed Yuni's seat in, he gently rubbed her shoulders and sent cold shivers down her spine. ~UGH! This is just disgusting! But I have to save myself. I can't let Sesshomaru and my family protect me forever. I have to stand on my own.~ She thought as the servants brought out the meal. It was lobster bisque with fresh made french bread and iced tea. As they ate, Akio talked business with Takeshi as well as arranging the wedding between the two.

"Well, I'll have to take Yuni into town to pick out a wedding dress," she said just before grabbing her glass of tea.

"Why?" Akio asked, placing his spoon down, "What's wrong with wearing your wedding dress?"

Fumiko looked at him with irritation, "First of all, that's for Aiko or Kiyoko whenever they get married and only if they want to. Second, it's over thirty years old. Yuni is royalty, and she deserves the best!"

"It sounds like a lovely idea," Yuni said, before taking another spoonful of the bisque, "I would love an opportunity to shop with you, Fumiko."

"That settles it. Once the date is set, Yuni and I will go and pick out a wedding dress." Fumiko smiled and finished her meal.

Takeshi nodded and remained silent for the rest of the meal. Not that Yuni cared whether he talked or not. Whenever Takeshi spoke with her, he never shut up. She noticed that Yuni knew her friends were here to get aid her, and she had to act fast to get home. She had connected with Junko and Kazue to formulate a plan to get out and to stop Akio and Takeshi's terrible way of doing business.