The Announcement

"A party?" Yuni said as she looked from one magazine to the next, "I always love a good party, but really? Didn't we just have one? Like a couple of weeks ago."

Akemi dismissed her comment, "Yeah, for Christmas and the international new year. However, this is an engagement party!"

"Right!" Miyabi expressed, looking at color swatches, "This is much more important. The world must know that you are both taken! In the eight months that Sesshomaru has been here, he has risen to be one of the sexiest men alive. Yuni, you already know your status in this world."

Yuni sighed as she looked at the covers of the magazines. They were all so beautiful and confident among the general public. She just didn't feel that way yet. On stage, Yuni could stand tall and proud, knowing she was doing her best, and the people of the world loved her. This was a whole new game for her. She had to tell the world she was getting married. She didn't even know when they wanted to get married. It was all so strange for her to deal with at once.

Sesshomaru noticed her concern and moved toward her, "If you all don't mind, I would like to take Yuni on a walk through the garden. I think I speak for us both when I say that you all should plan the engagement party. Design it how you think we would like. Excuse us."

"Hey! No!" Yuni said, "I want an elegant party with a splash of naughty. Red, black, and gold are the colors. Give it a feudal vibe or something Venitian like. With like ornate and elaborate outfits."

"But Yuni! Hey Sesshomaru-," Miyabi started as Sesshomaru rushed Yuni out of the castle. "The party is tonight."

He took her down the stairs and around to the far side of the garden close to the lake. She was stunned that he was able to pick up on her fear. Once they got to the lake, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. Yuni felt herself melt in his arms. The warmth of his body, combined with his steady heartbeat, kept her calm and relaxed. This, along with the sound of the waterfall that flowed into the lake.

"You noticed?" she asked, looking up at him.

"I couldn't stand idly by as you became increasingly uncomfortable," Sesshomaru said, stroking Yuni's back in small circles.

Yuni sighed and squeezed him tighter, "Thank you for that."

They turned and watched the waterfall for a bit. ~If only life could be like this forever.~ Yuni thought as she watched the water splash and calm at the base. She never thought she would be able to be so happy with someone. This was what love was, and she was delighted to have found it. Yuni could tell that Sesshomaru was glad too. His demeanor seemed to have calmed since she first met him.

"You know it's funny," Yuni started, "time has gone by so fast that I didn't even realize that you all have been here for almost a year."

"I suppose you are right, Yuni," Sesshomaru said with a slight chuckle.

"I guess it's probably time to go back to the madhouse," Yuni said, pulling out her phone, "Dammit! Really?! I can't have one moment of peace."

Sesshomaru looked at her, puzzled, "What is it?"

"Akemi and Miyabi suggested that we have fried pickles, mac and cheese, and durian for some of the dishes for the party," she said, showing him the picture of the foods, "UGH! No way! AND they told Eri about the engagement! Now I have to go do damage control! Oh, and the party is tonight. Seriously?! Are they trying to rush everything?! C'mon!"

Sesshomaru nodded, and they walked back to the house. Yuni stared at her ring once more before stepping inside. Her siblings were still in the dining room with the stacks of magazines, color swatches, and pictures of various foods. Now, there were new additions to the table meeting. Her uncle Dai, aunt Yumi, and her dear cousin Eri. The three rushed over to them to give them congrats and see the ring.