Understanding Love

Sesshomaru ran to Yuni's room and banged on the door, "Yuni! YUNI! Yuni, please! It's not what you think! I promise!"

He could hear her sniffles through the door. That woman managed to jeopardize the love he held dear to him. Sesshomaru wasn't about to give up without a fight. He leaned against the door and listened to her cry. It pained Sesshomaru so much, hearing her pain and sadness. He would do anything to take it away and make Takeshi and Iris pay for what they have done.

~Yuni...Please, my love. I would never want to hurt you.~ he sent to her.

~I-I know...~she sent back. ~I know it was a ploy by Takeshi and that woman. I-I'm so stupid.~

"No, you're not. We couldn't have known that they would do something like this," Sesshomaru said as tears began to roll off of his face.

"I...," Yuni began through the door, "I just need some rest. It's been a long night."

Sesshomaru nodded though Yuni couldn't see him, "Of course you can. Rest well, my love."

He turned and walked downstairs. The party had already been cleared, and only Yuni's friends remained in the living room. As Sesshomaru walked down the stairs, they watched him. Kazue was the only one who looked at him with anger as he descended. Daisuke was in the middle of speaking with Asahi when he noticed Sesshomaru. Somehow they all knew what had happened. He excepted as much since Charlotte and Ashai were there to see.

Eri rose up and walked to him, "Is Yuni okay? Did she talk to you?"

"Doubt it," Kazue said, doing the same, "I can't believe you would follow that skank!"

"He didn't know what she looked like," Ashai said, coming to his defense. "We couldn't have known any of this would happen."

"That's true!" Charlotte replied, "Only Ashai and I knew what Iris looked like. There was no way of knowing."

"It does not matter," Sesshomaru responded, "Yuni is going to bed. How could I have been so stupid!"

Kazue stepped in front of him and looked him in the eye, "Listen, next to Eri, I've known Yuni the longest. I know her. She has never, and I mean never, been in love before. Now, this woman has jeopardized that. It doesn't matter that it was a trick by Takeshi. You and Yuni have to prove your love to the world. BUT only if you both want to. Are you ready for that? Are you prepared to give it your all to stop Takeshi from doing something like this again? Do you believe that in the time you've met her that your love is strong enough?"

Sesshomaru had to think for a moment. He loved Yuni. He knew that, and he wasn't going to let her believe that he didn't. For the first time in his life, Sesshomaru didn't know what to do to prove the love he had for Yuni. She saw something that should have never happened. The fact that Takeshi would go so far meant that he still was deeply in love with Yuni. Now, Sesshomaru had to show Takeshi that he wasn't one to be messed with. He wanted to establish himself in this world and with Yuni.