she has 2 weeks to live {dazai} (request!)

hanahaki disease au! also will have 2 endings. MintySourLin requested this!

—————
*your pov*

oh shit.

that was the only thought going through my head as i rushed to the bathroom to throw up. i i was expecting to see a disgusting brown-green mixture of colors, but the thing i saw, made me even more sick.

sunflower petals.

i had a huge crush on dazai. we've been friends since lord knows how long. he was just so sweet, caring, and compassionate towards me! how was i not supposed to develop feelings!

i immediately called my doctor and asked if i should come into her office, of course she said yes.

i arrived at yosano's clinic and rushed into the waiting room. she called me back to a medical room and she started asking me questions about how this happened. "i don't know! i woke up and i threw up petals! i don't know what to do!" i ranted, whilst on the verge of tears. "how long has this been happening for?" yosano asked. "a month or so?" "WHY ARE YOU JUST NOW COMING IN?!" "I FORGOT!"

"ok, (y/n), calm down. i have good news and bad news. which one would you like first?" "the good news." i said with uncertainty. "good news is, it's just hanahaki disease, which means you have a strong love towards someone. a one-sided love; the love is so compelling, complex, and powerful, that you are starting to throw up petals, and eventually, full on flowers. the flowers represent the persons favorite color or favorite flower. if you don't tell this person soon, or if they reject you.." yosano looked away from me and i needed to know the rest.

"if they reject me, what?!" "you will die." the doctor said with a saddened look on her face. "unless, you get surgery, but that will remove the feelings you've had for dazai and you'll risk never having a chance with him." i can't believe it. no. "how much time do i have left?"

"2 weeks"

*dazai pov*

i was pretending to do my work so kunikida didn't yell at me and i noticed (y/n) come out of yosano's office with pills and red face as she left the office. i didn't think much of so i went back to doodling on my report papers.

"dazai, how much have you finished?" kunikida asked me. i was about to answer when yosano popped outside of her office and said she need to talk to me.

"yes, yosano? i have very important work to be done" i state in a matter-of-fact voice. "sure you do, i just felt the need to tell you what's going on with (y/n)." yosano disclosed. "what is it?" i asked as i tilted my head in confusion. (I aM cOnFuSiOn WhY iS tHiS kAnSaS aNd ThIs Is NoT aR-kAnSaS) (ok i'm done)

"(y/n) has developed hanahaki disease and it's because...she has a crush on you" yosano looked at me painfully. "how long has she got?"

"she has 2 weeks left to live, dazai"

*no ones pov*

the (h/c) haired female went back to her apartment and sat in front of her cell phone, thinking about if she should confess or not. she hastily picked up her phone and began the conversation with dazai.

*your pov*

i started texting him, hoping for an answer.

from- (y/n)
to- dazai
hey, i love you

being straightforward and getting over it quickly would be best, right? to my surprise, i heard a ring from my phone and i picked up the device to see what he said...

{good ending}

"i feel the same way, i'll be over in 20 minutes"

holy shit, that was the only thing going through your mind. you couldn't believe he felt the same way. your lungs felt lightened and you could breathe easier.

when the male arrived, you jumped into his arms, explaining what you had been going through. he acted surprised, as yosano already told him the problem. you shared your first kiss with the male and lived the rest of your life happily, without the disease.

[bad ending]

"i'm sorry but i don't have the same feelings"

you were devastated. you were going to die. that's it. your life is over. and eventually, your funeral came and dazai couldn't bring himself to go.

he practically killed you.

———————
alright. thank you so much for requesting! i'm sorry that it's been a little while, i accidentally got into the south park fandom. if i wrote a one shot book for south park, would any of you guys read it? i had done extensive research on the hanahaki disease and how it works, which is another reason why it took so long. requests are still open and i hope you enjoyed!

june 29th, 2019
6:23pm (central time)

morgan out!
total word count- 821