Chapter 9

"You really have to stop throwing knives at me, mate," Alpha Cain said, dropping the dagger he caught on the ground. "I will say though, summoning knives is a cool little party trick. How cute."

I growled at him. I was not cute. I am the most lethal she-wolf that has ever existed.

Before I knew what was happening, I was being swept off my feet, and he was holding me bridal style again. What the hell is wrong with this guy? My tongue may not work but I can certainly walk myself. Then again, he probably didn't trust me not to stab him and make a run for it again. Fair enough.

"Let's go home, pup." I snarled at him. I am not a pup, and I know he was calling me that to be disrespectful.

The pack leaders of Red Crescent mindlinked their goodbyes to me, and I did the same. I told Omar that I would be in touch with him to help him with his new Gamma duties. As Delta, he would immediately become the Gamma, and a new Delta would be inducted after a new challenge for it.

Alpha Cain walked with me in his arms out of the pack house, and his men met up with us outside. He must have mindlinked them what was going on, because they didn't even question the struggling girl in his arms. Then again, maybe no one ever questioned the Blood Alpha.

We reached his cars that were parked on the outskirts of the territory. The 10 of them brought 3 black SUVS.

Alpha Cain shoved me into the back seat of one of them, certainly not being gentle to his loving mate, and got in next to me.

Driving the car was one of his pack members, not the one I remember as being the Beta, so it must have been his Gamma or Delta. He probably didn't want the Beta and Alpha in the same car in case of an ambush, so I also would not have advised the Beta to be driving.

The Gamma/ Delta guy didn't attempt to say a word to me, not that I could have responded anyways.

I distanced myself as far as I could in the backseat of the car from the Alpha. I know he could have grabbed me if he wanted to, but he left me alone.

We continued driving into the night, and I tried thinking of escape plans. I could quickly unlock the car door and jump out.

I slowly pulled up the lock, and put my hand on the handle, sneaking a look at Alpha Cain. His eyes were closed, and he looked to either be very relaxed or sleeping.

All of a sudden, the handle was burning hot. I hissed, yanking my hand away. What the fuck?

"Give up, mate. The sooner you accept your fate the better," Alpha Cain said, not opening his eyes at all.

I would never accept this fate. The Moon Goddess made a mistake.

Nevertheless, I did need to rest if I ever planned on escaping the psycho sitting next to me. I closed my eyes and leant against the door opposite of the Blood Alpha, and almost instantly fell asleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alpha Cain's POV

What a little fucking firecracker. From the first time I laid eyes on her, I loved her. I loved her even more when I firsthand could see her strength, cunningness, and ability.

I lied when I said her Gift was a cool little party trick. It was incredibly useful, and seeing her wield weapons with ease made me want to put a pup in her immediately.

I knew I would need to give her time. Based on her scarred eye, I would need to gain her trust. I probably shouldn't have choked her until she passed out, but I will always get her to submit when I want her to. It's what the pack members of Blood Lake expect from a Blood Alpha.

I desperately wanted to pull down the little cloth mask that covered her nose, cheeks, and chin, but I wanted to let her rest until we got to Blood Lake.

I wanted to see her hair and body too, but the goddamn cloak covered everything. I briefly wondered why she was covering up everything. She wouldn't be able to for long. It was my right as her mate to see every part of her.

As cute as her little Gamma, tough-guy attitude is, she is the Luna of the Blood Lake pack, and I need her to know her role as my submissive mate. We are not equals. I am her Alpha and her mate, she was made to submit to me.

I just hoped she would submit before she got really hurt.