Chapter 34

Song: Jersey by Future
"You do what you want when you're poppin"

The boy who Gamma Axel paired me with went down instantaneously. He had barely sank into a fighting stance when I swiped his feet out from underneath him and sent him crashing to the ground. I jumped on top of him and pinned him down so firmly he wasn't even able to flail his arms.

I'm ready for a real challenge, Axel, I mindlinked him, and his face contorted in surprise. I really hate that men are always surprised when a woman can accomplish something. I'll teach him a lesson he'll never forget.

"Who do you want to fight, Luna?" Axel asked as I climbed up off of the wolf who was gasping for air. He really didn't know what hit him.

A devilish smirk spread across my face. You, I answered confidently.

Axel sighed heavily. "I had a feeling you might say that. You know that Alpha Cain will kill me if I hurt you, right?"

I laughed dryly. You say that like you could even get a hit on me, pup.

Unlike Cain, who called me pup adoringly, I knew that he would take being called pup as an insult to his masculinity, which werewolves are extremely hypersensitive to.

As expected, my nickname riled him up and his face reddened in either embarrassment or anger. I could see his wolf fighting for control. Men are just so easy to manipulate.

"You may have been the Gamma of Red Crescent, Ares, but I have strength you couldn't even dream of," Axel confidently replied, his canines poking out of his mouth slightly.

No, pup. It is I who has power your brain wouldn't begin to comprehend, I taunted him, and he snarled playfully in response. I couldn't tell if his wolf was angry about my challenging statements or was amused and wanted to play.

"Gather round, warriors. Watch what happens when you challenge me. You may learn a thing or two," Axel winked at me, and I smirked. He was way too cocky for what I was about to throw towards him.

The warriors shuffled around us in a wide circle. I had plenty of space to take him down. Powers or no powers, Axel? I highly recommend for your safety you choose no powers.

"I've seen you throw knives, pup. It's a cute little trick, but useless against my power," Axel smirked, but my confidence didn't falter. I believed in myself way more than I had faith in him. "We'll use powers so I can properly teach you a lesson about who has more strength."

I laughed. Do your worst, wolfie.

Axel's eyes glinted evilly under the fluorescent lighting. He closed his eyes, and suddenly, his skin slowly transformed from tanned skin to a light grey, until he was completely metal.

What the fu-

Before I could gather my thoughts, Axel charged at me. I narrowly got head butted by him, but stepped to the side at the last second. Unfortunately, he predicted this movement and shot his fist in my direction as he past me, and made contact with my side. I gasped for air as I felt the cold metal connect with my ribcage. I was sure he had broken a few ribs, maybe even punctured a lung. Whatever metal he could make his skin turn into was stronger than anything I've ever had to punch.

Axel gave me a moment to recover as I slouched over slightly trying to regain control over myself. He smirked. "Thought the Gamma of Red Crescent was supposed to be unbeatable?" He antagonized me and I growled.

My wolf was dangerously close to gaining control, and I knew if she did he was a dead man.

Instead of responding, I ground my teeth and summoned a knife just to test a hypothesis. I threw the knife directly at his heart, and as I suspected, it clattered to the ground uselessly.