Chapter 1

I was cranky, why? Well it probably has something to do with Vandal Savage banging on my door at one in the morning.

Yes, i will admit that when I was Renegade I had been up earlier then this but that isn't the point.

I grabbed a gun from my nightstand and opened the door groggily. I didn't care that I was still in my orange and black Boxer shorts. Savage was just going to have to cope.

I glared at the other immortal as I let him in.

"The fuck do you want!" I yelled ignoring his cold glare.

"I have a propersition for Renegade."
He stated getting to the point. There was no point beating around the Bush.

"Too bad, I'm retired."

"It's about you taking Deathstrokes place as a mercenary working for the light." Savage droned on. I wasn't listening.

"Well, like I said, I'm retired, so find someone else." I insisted bringing my gun into veiw when Savage stepped closer he bent down and whispered into my ear "Look at you, after all these years of retirement, a six pack. You've clearly kept up your training. Why? If like you say you're retired you shouldn't need to train anymore."

I shoved him backwards.

"Come close like that again and I'll find a way to kill you!" he flinched slightly at my dark tone of voice.

He chuckled but the laugh gave way to almost zero emotion.

Before I knew it he was grabbing me by the throat and pinning me against the wall.

"Threaten me like that again, boy, and I'll find a way to kill you!"  he growled harshly emphasising the word 'you.'

We both glared at each other, unafraid. My brain thinking of over a million good comebacks or threats.
There were to many good ones i wasn't able to decide on which to say.

He let go causing me to drop to my feet.

"Now." Vandal said as he casually sat on my sofa putting his feet on my coffee table. "You're a hard person to track, but i didn't come all the way here and go to all the trouble to find you just so we could try and kill each other."

I kept my eye on the older man. Sure I was normally friendly with other villians if I ever saw them. But Vandal savage? ... Something about him made me want to fire a bazooka right into his ugly face.

I sat down on the sofa opposite him keeping my face neutral as I went over the possible reasons he could want my help.

"I'm putting together a team, a team to rival the justice leagues 'Young justice league.'"

"And you want me to lead it." I guessed. "What's in it for me?"

"Yes, you'd be the leader, as for what you'd get. Well. You'd get to live without being hunted down by the light."

I chucked humorously.

"Bitch please, I brought down the court of owls, your little play group are nowhere near as powerful as they were. It'd be like killing a baby."

Vandal didn't seem phased.

"We saw the news, you did good working destroying their headquarters. And of course murdering them."

"Get to the point!"

"We have a certain respect for people who have the balls to say... Bring down an entire skyscraper out of a lust for revenge. Which is why we want you to work with us, become a member of the light and lead our young injustice league."

He told me to think about it, and how much I'd get paid as he got up to leave.

"Oh and Renegade, turn down our offer and we'll make sure the whole world knows it was you who killed nearly a thousand people and destroyed an entire building."

I gritted my teeth at his threat. Telling him nicely that I'd think about it as long as he pissed off and let me get back to sleep.

My laptop pinged and I saw various e-mails regarding possible teammates.

I skimmed through the list.

The only one I recognised was Cheshire.

Who was Inertia? Says something about him being a speedster from another earth. His mentor is Professor zoom, I shuddered thinking about zoom. Now he is a scary villian.

Dracula junior a full blooded vampire with a rule the world complex?

Project Match. A cadmus clone of superman who has has been made sane?

Then there was Ocean Dweller daughter of ocean master who I'd kind of heard about but not a whole lot.

Some girl called the Elecrto-therapist.

A yellow Lantern from earth who was also a girl

Who the hell was Savage wanting me to get involved with!

There were more suggestions but I told savage the ones I'd be most willing to work with are Drac junior, ocean dweller, the yellow lantern, electro-therapist, match, inertia and chesire.

Savages next message made me question why I was even considering this. Was it bordem? Was I just missing the adrenaline rush?

VS: So, do we have a deal?

You: It's a deal, but I have one term. No innocent people will be harmed. Not if we can help it.

VS: we can work this deal around that, won't be an issue.

You: when do I start?

VS: tomorrow, you'll be picked up in a helicopter by lex luthor at noon.

"Perfect." I sighed slamming my computer screen down rubbing my temples.

Why did I have to agree!

I walked over to my hidden suit chamber. and there it was, Renegade in all its glory.

It was a new suit of course, same material however. The last copy was destroyed in the explosion.

I had recreated it with the available resources at Wilson industries.

I opened up the chamber suting up for the first time in years. Thank the court I didn't physically age past 16 anymore as that was when I made the suit, it still fit like a glove.

I took the suit off and went back to bed. I prayed there wouldn't be any more unexpected evil visitors.

-----------------------------------------------------------