Chapter 5

Aqualad gave the order to move in
He watched from his view point as Nightwing and Robin silently took down two guards. He saw a black and orange streak and saw miss martian silent lift the bodies into a near by ditch to cover their tracks with her telekinesis.

Red Robin and batgirl moved in next
They breached banes new venom lab in search for venom samples.

It was all going well, that was until the hairs On kaldurs arms stood up alerting him of danger.

He spun around only to be silenced by a strong hand over his mouth. He looked at the person who had snuck up on him.

He tried to struggled but the person had a strong grip.

The moonlight cast some light over his face.

Superman? Surely Kaldur was mistaken, no way had the man of Steel turned on them.

He heard the sound of gunfire below and almost sighed in releif when a batarang bounced of the fake superman's skin.

Kaldur was let go of and the fake superman flew at the figure.

Kaldur was greatful that batman himself had saw fit to attend this field mission. To "observe" the atlantians leadership abilites.

Aqualad reckoned it was because batman was concerned about Bane and this new venom and was worried about his Robins, Nightwing and batgirl's safety.

Trust the dark night to hide his true feelings. Kaldur had noticed that this was a common theme among the bat's.

Kaldur had recovered from his shock and grabbed his weapons rushing to aid batman in his fight against a kryptonian.

He didn't get the chance however as a wave of salt water crashed down upon him.

He spotted his attacker, the person who had been causing trouble in atlantis along side Ocean master.

Ocean dweller raised her silver trident and a storm rolled over the place. Lightning struck aqualad frying him.

The young atlantian fell the the ground half dead. His skin charred and his breathing laboured.

He had burn marks all across his body. If he survived he would be scared for life.

Batman saw aquakad go down in the corner of his eyes. He growled frustrated. Whoever these guys were they weren't playing around, meaning neither could he if he was to survive.

The kryptonian he faced was about to use heat vision when an all to familiar voice ordered him to stand down.

Batman felt nauseous, his world seemed to spin as he watched wide eyed in shock as the person he thought long dead emerged from the shrubbery in front of him.

"Ryland!?" he asked in disbelief though he tried to mask his shock.

"Ocean dweller, Match. Go and take down the others." Renegade ordered.

When they were gone Ryland took off his mask he gave Bruce a boyish grinn.

"Long time no see Bruce."

"How?" batman quiried. "That explosion and the place collapsing inwards should have killed you."

"You see that's the thing, it did kill me."

Bruce sensed he wasn't done so he let the young boy speak.

"But it didn't destroy all of me, all of my cells."

"You healed from that?"

"A drop of blood. The red blood cells to be specific from those I regrew an entirely new body....while you buried an empty casket."