Part 22

Percy POV

It had been about a month since I returned to camp. Some campers were still weary of me but most of them were really friendly. There have been a few monster attacks here and there but nothing major. I had been helping Leo rebuild festus the dragon and it was almost finished. I also gave Maria my rune bag as she had become a sister to me. Turns out that a lot of spells require you to speak, which she couldn't. She picked up rune magic quite easily as she was the child of Hecate. I had been training the campers for the upcoming war.

Things have gotten back to almost normal. Clarisse is threatening to shove my head in the toilet, Leo was still his crazy self, Reyna was still commanding the 12th legion. The only thing that was different was that Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank and Annabeth weren't talking to me. I think they were scared that I was still mad at them. I honestly wasn't sure if I forgave them or not. I was pondering this question when I heard the conch horn sound 3 times. I sighed and ran to Thalia's tree. The army consisted of about 100 thousand monsters. I couldn't seem to control the wild beasts as something was stronger than me, fighting me for control over them. In the middle of the army, there was a boy. He looked about 18 and he was wearing armour and a mask. He radiated fear and power. All the campers were in formation getting ready to fight. The monster army charged us first. The Apollo campers and the Hunters fired volley after volley of arrows. Balista bolts were shot into the crowd. The demigods charged to meet the army.

I glanced around. Clarisse was spearing monster after monster. Maria was a force to be reckoned with. She threw runes everywhere and also had a bronze.sword for close range. I slowly cut my way through the army until I reached the boy. I readied my weapons. He looked at me and said
"You dare challenge the son of Tartarus? Yeild and we won't destroy your precious camp"
"Never in a million years" I growled.
"So be it" he growled back before charging me.

The monsters gave us a wide arch around us. The boy wielded two stygian iron swords. He swung at me with such speed that I barely was able to block. I tried to counter but he dodged and swipped at me. This kept on going for 1 hour. I tried using spells on him but he powered through them. The blasted fire, poison, acid and even Styx water at me. We were both equally matched. He had multiple bruises on his arms and legs but so did I. I made a mistake by lunging at him. He backed up and knees my gut. I doubled over and he used that to jab at my arm. I was dazed and couldn't block it. It made a large scrape and I felt myself losing control of that hand. I dropped Deathbringer to the ground. He smirked at me. I turned Maelstrom into a shield and was forced on the defensive. He kept swinging at me without giving me any room for rest and I knew I couldn't keep it up for long. My mind was desperately grasping for a plan but the pain in my arm made my mind groggy.

Around me, all of the monsters had been reduced to dust. They couldn't help me as after the monsters died, the boy summoned a wall of Greek fire that separated us from them. I could probably stop it but that would take concentration that I couldn't afford to use. He kept slashing and jabbing at my shield. My mind was still blank. All I could think off was the animes and movies that I had recently watched. I don't think the power of friendship would help me this time. I then had an idea. Once he swipped at me, I kicked him away giving me room to breathe. He smiled evilly at me knowing I was tired. I then threw my shield Captain America style and that took him by surprise. He thought I was.going to stay defensive. He tried to raise his sword to block the attack but was too slow. The shield made a satisfying sound as it cleanly decapitated the boys head.

I then fell down on my knees and the Greek fire around me dissipated. I was just about to lose consciousness when I saw Elliot running up to me crying.

When I woke up, in was in the infirmary yet again. I sat up and instantly regretted it. All my muscles ached and I was very stiff. I looked at the clock and it was about time for lunch. My cuts and wounds had faded so I wondered how long I was out. If the child of Tartarus was more than a match for me, then how was I going to beat the man himself? I questioned myself. I snapped my fingers and a steak appeared in front of me. I smiled and silently thanked Hestia for her blessing. While I was eating, I saw the infirmary door open. In came Thalia along with Leo, Nico, Elliot and Maria. I smiled and waved at them. They saw and immediately rushed towards me. They all hugged me before Thalia slapped me.
"What in the Hades was that for?" I questioned.
"For you almost dying again arsehole" retaliated Thalia
"Good to see you too Thals" I said smirking.
"How long was I out?" I asked.
About 5 days signed Maria who read my lips.
I tried to stand up. Keyword tried. I would have fallen on my face of not for Nico and Leo catching me. As we were walking out of the infirmary, Leo whispered in my ear
"Hey. You gonna forgive the 5? They were worried about you but I think their too scared to talk"
I sighed. This was a topic I did not want to think about. "I'll talk to those people when they get the balls to go up to me and speak for themselves" I replied.
"So you need some more help with festus?" I asked trying to change the subject.
Leo's face brightened immediately.
"Yea. Come to bunker 9 tomorrow k?" He said.
I told him I would and went to the beach to relax. I was very worried. If I could barely beat his child, how would I beat Tartarus? I felt a presence in my head and I let it in. Chaos spoke
"There is a weapon that I forged aeons ago. It has the power to harm and even fade primordials. Seek a quest from the oracle and find the sword. Good luck Percy"
I decided to talk to Rachel tomorrow and I went to the Poseidon cabin and fell asleep.