Part 23

Percy POV

I was currently helping Leo rebuild Festus. I had asked Chiron to assign positions for people incase I wouldn't be back on time from the quest I was going to ask Rachael for. After helping Leo finish making the body(he just needed to make the control disk) I left to go find Rachel. I found her in the oracle cave drawing on the walls. I leaned casually on the side of the entrance.
"Hey Rachel" I said nonchalantly.
"Sup Perce" she replied without even looking up. "What do you need" she asked.
I rubbed the back of my head. "I need a quest to find a weapon so that I can beat Tartarus" I said.
"And how do you know this weapon exists?"she asked curiously.
"Chaos lord of the universe told me" I said casually.
She made an oh expression. Suddenly green smoke enveloped the room. Then the oracle spoke. "Seeker ask your question" a raspy voice said.
"Where do I find the weapon to kill Tartarus?"

The child of the sea shall embark on a quest,
To find the sword he must complete a few tests,
The 7 once friends shall go together,
And find the weapon thought to be lost forever,
They venture to the place beyond the gods,
To the blade against all odds.

She then crumpled and I just caught her before her head hit the ground.
"Prophecy?" She asked.
"Prophecy"I confirmed. I sighed, time to call a meeting in the Big House. I told all the head counselors and the Hunters to come. After everyone sat down, I took a deep breath.
"So I'm guessing that all of you are wondering why we are here" I said and there were many nods and mummers of agreement before I continued.
"I have asked for a quest to find a blade to kill Tartarus. Chaos himself told me to seek this weapon" I said.
"What's the prophecy?" Asked Jason.
I retold what the prophecy had said.
"So, the seven I'm assuming means Jason, Percy, Piper, Leo, Frank, Hazel and Annabeth" said Thalia. There was a lot of agreement in this statement. I sighed, besides Leo, I'm still not sure if I fully forgave them yet. I don't think I'm ready to to be honest. The rest of the 7 (besides Leo) turned pale when they heard that they had to go on a quest with someone who probably wanted to kill them.
"Looks like we're returning to Alaska" said Hazel while Frank and me groaned.
"Welp meeting dismissed" I said and then vapour travelled into my cabin to calm down. I really didn't want to go on a quest with them. I layed on my bed and stared at the ceiling for gods know how long until I heard a knock.

Annabeth POV

I was teaching the campers how to properly use a dagger when Percy called the meeting. I was actually afraid of him. I was scared that he was still mad at me even though he saved me. I still needed to thank him for that. When I heard that we were going on a quest with him, I was simultaneously terrified and happy. I really wanted to talk to him but I was too scared to. Even after the meeting was dismissed, I stayed in the Big House pondering on my thoughts. I was taken out of my daydreaming by the sound of hooves coming towards me. I looked up to find Chiron looking down at me and he asked me if I could hand the folder consisting of positions of the campers for the battle.

I was nervously tapping at my leg on the way to the Poseidon cabin. I was actually looking for an excuse to talk to Percy but now that I had it, I was nervous as heck. After I gathered my courage, I knocked on the cabin door. I heard a faint come in. I opened the door to find Percy sitting on his bed. When he saw me, his expression turned businesslike.
"Why are you here?" He asked in a monotone voice.
"Chiron sent me to hand you this" I said while handing him the file.
He nodded "Thank you. You are dismissed" he said looking at the file. I nervously tapped my foot on the stone floor.
"Hey Perce, can I talk to you for a sec? It's more personal than formal" I asked with pleading eyes.
He looked at me then said "No"
I felt the finds slowly push me towards the door. I struggled trying to break free but it didn't work.
"Please! I just want to talk to you!" I begged desperately.
The winds stopped and he looked at me. "I'll make you a deal Annie. This place has about 1000 campers. There are about 500 Romans, 200 Hunters and 300 Amazons. How many do you think are going to die in this war?" He asked.
"Uhh maybe about 200?" I answered.
"Ok then Annabeth. If you can keep the casualties down to about let's say 250 then I will speak to you and your friends. I will, for now, only speak to you when during emergencies on the quest. Do we have a deal?" He asked.
I nodded before the winds pushed me out and the cabin doors slammed into themselves. I stood there shocked for awhile before running off to tell the 4 about the deal I had made.

Special thanks to my boy Darren Geh for helping me with the prophecy. He reads my stuff so hi