Part 10: Wild Thoughts.

Jennie could feel herself moving but she couldn't bring herself to open her eyes. She could hear voices but couldn't bring herself to speak.

"Come in, Come in." A voice invites her. "Lay her down on the couch."

She felt herself being set down but once again no energy to move.

"I'm worried." Jisoo glances over at the couch.

Jennie had practically cried herself to sleep so Jisoo carried her to her car and let Chaeyoung and Lisa know what was going on. She promised to take care of her and have her home by the morning.

"Don't worry. She will regain her strength." Mrs. Choi assures. "Come sit. Tell me what happened."

"She's starting to remember." Jisoo says. "But not in the way I had hoped."

"There is a negative energy around her. It manipulates which memories she recalls." Mrs Choi says.

"Taehyung? He has the power to do that?" Jisoo asks.

"You must not underestimate him. His soul is strong." Mrs Choi says. "If his ultimate goal is to keep you two apart he will want to make Jennie realize just how painful it is to be with you."

"What do I do about Jennie?"

"Keep an eye on her. She follows down a dangerous path. I'm afraid she's allowing herself to become the spirit beforehand."

"What does that mean?"

"If you're not careful she may become too drawn in. She will remain stuck in the mindset of the Jennie she once was."

Jisoo frowns. "Am I the cause of this? I never wanted to hurt her..."

"It's not your fault Jisoo...you cannot choose who the spirit yearns for." Mrs choi pats her hand. "Just take care of her."

•••

The next morning when Jennie woke up she was surprised to see Jisoo sitting on the couch of her living room.

Not just surprised. Angry too.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asks harshly.

Jisoo stands up calmly knowing why Jennie was in such a sour mood.

"To make sure you're okay."

"I don't need you to take care of me." Jennie says while opening the fridge.

"I know."

"Then why don't you leave?"

"Do you want me to?" Jisoo crosses her arms with the tilt of her head.

"Yes." Jennie closes the fridge loudly, turning to face her. "I don't wanna see you. I don't wanna hear you. I don't want to be anywhere near you."

Jisoo lets out a breath through her nose. Mrs Choi had warned her of Jennie's potential hostility.

She walked over to Jennie until they were standing face to face only a few feet apart.

"You don't mean that."

"I do." Jennie says adamantly.

"Jennie, look at me." Jisoo urges, stepping closer.

"I told you already I don't wanna see your face."

"Look at me." Jisoo says again.

"No."

Jisoo gently cups her cheek, lifting it so their eyes meet. "Look at me..." she says quietly. "You're not acting like yourself. You need to come back."