Chapter 2

(Y/n) slowly blinked awake, feeling an ache in her neck. She went to reach and feel where the irritation was coming from, but her hands wouldn't allow it. She panicked as she realized she didn't know where she was, looking up to see her hands were bound by zip ties and she was placed on a bed in a dim-lit plain white room with no windows.

She tried to pull her hands out of the zip ties, but they were too tight. She felt them digging deeper into her skin with each attempt to break them. The delicate flesh of her wrists were already beginning to be rubbed raw. 

She tried to focus on how to get out of the troubling situation, but the only thing she could think of was her father. She should never have left him; she wouldn't have been in this situation if she had just listened to him and supported his values. She blinked faster as she felt her tear ducts beginning to fill with warm liquid. 

She cleared her throat and took a deep breath, shaking the thoughts from her head to focus. It was obvious that (Y/n) and her father were in danger constantly since they were a very wealthy family. Someone might kidnap her to gain leverage and get what they want, like money or publicity. 

Her father would stop at nothing to save his daughter if he knew she was in danger. The fact that she had ran away recently made the situation a tad more difficult. If her kidnapper was out for money, her father would be able to handle it very quickly since he would be able to contact and locate the perpetrator. If her captor wasn't out for money, that would be a much bigger problem that she didn't want to consider. (Y/n) was usually a pessimist, but in this situation, she tried to push herself to be a glass half full kind of gal. She would be able to assess the situation once she figured out what whoever took her wanted. 

"Hello?!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. 

She gave them a few seconds before she tried again. She aggressively exhaled air from her nose before yelling,

"Is anyone there?!" 

She couldn't hear a thing. If there was someone outside of the room, they were very quiet. Either that, or the room was soundproof. 

"Please! Who are you?! What do you want from me?!" She screamed, getting annoyed from the lack of response. 

"Out of all of the one-sided conversations I've had in my life, this one takes the cake." She remarked sarcastically under her breath.  

"Come talk to me, you son of a bitch!" She screamed towards the door. 

She swore she felt her heart stop as a man slowly entered the room. 

"(Y/n) Stark." He said as he slowly walked around the room, eyeing her as if he was a predator and she was his prey. He spoke in what sounded like a thick Eastern European accent. 

She felt goosebumps pepper her skin as her name came out of his mouth and his eyes locked on hers. She realized how vulnerable and exposed she felt. The fact that he had removed several items of her clothing leaving her in only a thin white tank top and her most exposing pair of underwear made her skin crawl. Her arms were bound over her head against the bed frame; he was in complete control. 

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" She responded, trying to sound brave, but her words only came out as a whisper. 

He gave her no information, he only placed down a tray of food at the foot of the bed and said: "Eat", before pulling out a small knife and cutting the restraints on her wrists. 

(Y/n) quickly pulled her wrists to her chest and rubbed the irritated skin, attempting to ease the pain from the chafing. She moved as far away from the man as she could without falling off of the bed.  

He quickly strode out of the room, locking the door behind himself, leaving her to be alone once again. After he had left, she glanced at the food. Her stomach had growled; she was starving. However, she refused to eat or drink anything. She didn't want to give him what he wanted. She would starve herself before she gave into his orders. 

She shoved the plate of food off of the side of the bed in an act of defiance, the sound of the metal dish hitting the floor echoing in the empty room. (Y/n) pulled her knees to her chest and buried her face in her arms. She couldn't imagine a happy ending for her in this situation. 

She should have never left her father; now he doesn't know that she is in trouble, neither him nor Bucky and the rest of the team know her location. They don't even know what country she's in. 

She broke into a soft cry as she thought of the horrible possibilities of what the man plans on doing to her. 

Suddenly, she had an idea. She quickly got up and grabbed the metal dish, placing it under her pillow. 

And now we wait. She thought to herself. 

***