Chapter 6

(Y/n) woke up that morning not knowing where she was. Terror ran over her as she realized she wasn't in her bed. She felt like crying again when she remembered where she was. She had cried so much the night before, she couldn't cry any more.

She peered into the kitchen over the couch, seeing Helmut making breakfast, his back turned to her. She got up to go to the bathroom before walking into the kitchen and sitting at the table.

"Good morning." He mumbled as he saw that she had came into the room. When she didn't respond, he asked,

"Did you sleep well?" She shrugged her shoulders in response, not having the energy to speak. She kept her hands between her thighs, her eyes glued to the floor.

When he placed a plate of food in front of her, she nudged it away from her, crossing her arms. When he sat down across from her with a plate of his own, she stood up and walked out of the kitchen without saying a word.

She sat on the windowsill in the living room, looking out onto the snowy landscape. It was in a very remote location; there was no one around. It looked like a very run down area. She felt the cold glass under her palm. She didn't particularly enjoy the cold weather, but she would kill to go outside in that moment.

***
Neither of them had spoken to each other after breakfast. The only thing he had said was that he would be getting home from work around 4:00. Helmut seemed angry that she wouldn't talk to him. He slammed things around as he got ready.

A few hours later, Helmut needed to leave to go to work, leaving (Y/n) alone with the apartment to herself. She didn't know what job he had, but he would obviously need to work to pay for the apartment.

After he had left, she went snooping in his room. She casually looked in his drawers, his closet, under his bed, and in his nightstand. She found nothing interesting; only normal things like clothes. She was almost disappointed. She hoped to find something that would help her get out of there or something to entertain herself with; something that would embarrass Helmut.

Once she had finished snooping, she was bored out of her mind. (Y/n) was bored to the point where she felt like screaming and breaking things. She didn't feel like occupying herself with a book or a movie; she wanted to make some trouble.

She dragged a wooden chair from the kitchen into the living room, hoping to break the window with it.

She lifted the chair above her head, letting out a scream as she slammed it against the window. The chair broke into multiple pieces, but the window didn't crack one bit. She ran her fingers over in, observing it closely to be sure she didn't do any damage.

Shatterproof. She thought to herself.

She filled with sudden rage, wanting to destroy the apartment and leave Helmut to clean the mess. He deserved it after all he had put her through.

She flipped the couch over, threw the books off of the bookshelves, went into the kitchen and smashed a few glasses and dishes, and screamed as loud as she could.

Maybe if she made a lot of noise, someone would hear her. She jumped up and down, screaming and banged on the walls.

After tiring herself out, she sat down on the floor and cried. She has been doing a lot of crying these days.

Helmut would be pissed when he got home.

***
About 20 minutes before the time Helmut is supposed to get home, (Y/n) realized how angry he would be at her. She hid under the kitchen table, hugging her knees to her chest, watching the front door. She was terrified of what might happen. She knew that it wouldn't end well for her.

"(Y/n)?" He called out.

His face dropped as he walked into the living room, seeing the mess she had made. He dropped his bag on the floor, now more sternly calling,

"(Y/n)."

Once he spotted her cowering under the table, he angrily flipped it over, making her flinch. He grabbed her by arm so hard, she thought he was going to rip it out of her socket. It was sure to leave bruises; she bruised like a peach.

"Come on." He said, gritting his teeth.

As she realized he was dragging her into the white room, she started crying and resisting as hard as she could.

"No. Please. Please, Helmut don't make me go back in there." She cried, tugging on his arm with all her strength.

"Please! Please, Helmut!" She screamed.

When he tried to shove her into the room, she grabbed onto the doorframe, trying her hardest to hold on and avoid getting locked up again.

He suddenly let go, making her look up at him, disoriented. Before she could say a word, Helmut punched her as hard as he could in the face, causing her to fall flat on her ass into the room. She practically saw stars as she tried to recover from the hit. Before she could get up, he closed the door and locked it.

She pounded her fists against the door, attempting to ignore the pain from the punch.

"Let me out! Please, Helmut!" She cried, screaming at the top of her lungs.

After a few minutes of screaming and crying, she placed her ear against the door, trying to hear what he was doing and where in the apartment he was located.

She heard the distant clattering of glass; he was cleaning her mess in the kitchen. She brought her hand up to her face, gently touching the spot where he had hit her. Just light contact made her wince in pain. When she pulled her hand away, she realized she was bleeding as well.

"Helmut! I'm bleeding!" She shouted, trying to convince him to open the door.

When he didn't answer, she shouted again, venom in her voice,

"I'm not sorry I did it! I regret nothing! Have fun cleaning up my mess, fucker!"

He ignored her every time she said anything, banged on the walls, or screamed. She knew he wouldn't come back into the room until she needed to eat.

Frustrated, she sat down on the bed, looking at the door, waiting.