Chapter 19

Oakley's birthday party is in full swing. I watch from the porch as all the kids swim in the swimming pool, Reese had bought for the kids last summer. That man is always spoiling my kids. I laugh when Reese launches Oakley into the pool from the deck. She squeals before crashing into the water.

Over the years, Reese has become somewhat of a father figure to my kids. Not replacing Maxen, but taking up the role when Maxen wouldn't. He loves them like his own and would do anything in the world for them. One day he will make an amazing father. Speaking of Maxen, he was suppose to be here an hour ago.

He is always making promises he can't keep. Sad to say, but both of my kids are use to it and don't expect much out of him.

Draven wraps his arms around my waist, avoiding my ribs in the process. My body betrays me and melts into his embrace. Draven chuckles and places his chin on the top of my head.

Not only has Draven been incredibly helpful, but sweet as well. He has shown me a completely different side of him that I didn't even know existed, until now. Surprisingly, he even spent some time talking with my children.

About what? I don't know. All I know is that both Oakley and Grayson like him.

"Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it."

In truth, I really didn't expect him to help out as much as he did. He helped blow up balloons, helped finish cooking and even decorated the cake, adding his own little touch to it.

He reverts his eyes to the pool, "Don't mention it." I turn my attention to the pool, trying to figure out what he is starring at.

Reese is leaning on the side of the pool, watching all the kids play volleyball. One of Grayson's friends hits the ball, smacking Reese in the face.
I laugh.

Draven grabs my chin, gently turning my face back to him. I look at him questioning. He definitely has something on his mind. "You have two amazing children, Wren and I want to be a part of their lives...and yours if you'll have me?! He taking my hand in his.

I am completely blown away right now. His thumb grazes my knuckle, "You're all I can think about. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, you are always on my mind, and now that I got to know your children, I want all of you."

I lean back on the banister, " Y-you want to be with me?"

Draven chuckles and pulls me close. "Yes, I want to be with you." His thumb rubs circles over the back of my hand. Since Draven and I started this 'thing' between us, I never thought in a million years that he would be standing here before me, asking me to be his.

"Yeah, what do you say?" Reese's voice calls out from behind me. I turn to see him and the entire party is staring at us. I glare at Reese, who obviously knew all about this and he sends me a devious smirk confirming what I suspected.