Chapter 22

I woke up to an empty bed this morning. At first I thought him being here at all was just a dream. That everything that had happened in the last sixteen hours was a figment of my imagination. That was until I rolled over. On his pillow, was the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers I have ever seen, and with them was a note.

'Reese and I went for a run this morning, and came across these flowers. They reminded me of you, so I had to pick them. You should have seen all the looks I was getting on our way back. It was worth it. There's a vase already, ready for them in the kitchen. We will be back soon, love.'

After reading that note, memories of last night came flooding back in my mind. The way he kissed and touched my body was incredible. For the first time in my life, I felt wanted.

The oven timer goes off, letting me know that the breakfast casserole was done. I grab my oven mitts and pull the dish from the oven and place it on the counter to cool. This was the only thing I could think of, that would feed an army without causing a huge mess.

I counted out equal amounts of plates, cups and silverware, and began setting the table. I have hosted tons of sleepovers over the years and have learned to never wake children up for breakfast unless the breakfast is already made. It only took one time for me to learn that lesson.

After I was done, I finished what was left of my coffee and make my way up the steps. Since Grayson is the easiest to wake, I head to his room first. I open his door and turn on his light. All three boys are fast to sleep on the bed. Grayson's lays in the center of the bed, with his head towards the headboard, while both his friends have their heads placed at the foot of the bed.

I approach the bed and give him a gentle shake. His eyes open slowly. He shields his eyes from the light. When they finally adjust, they land on me.

I run my fingers through his messy hair, "Time to get up," I whisper. "I made breakfast."

He stretches and sniffs the air and smiles. "Did you make breakfast casserole?" He loves him some breakfast casserole, that's for sure.

I chuckle, "You know it. Now, wake up your friends." From the painful groans I heard, Grayon most likely jumped on them in order to wake them up. I call that, 'The Grayson wake up call.'

Ever since he was a child, he has had this fascination with jumping on people in order to wake them up. It was cute at first, but as he got older, it became more painful. I always thought he would grow out of it the older he got, but I was wrong.

Oakley isn't a morning person and always gives me trouble in the morning's. Waking her up for school is a nightmare itself.

I slowly open the door and peak my head in. There are bodies spread out everywhere. Even in front of the door. I push it open a little further and squeeze my body through the small opening. The door presses into my ribs and I hunch over in pain.