05

t j

for the next week, cyrus and i ate lunch in the AV room. i told buffy and everyone that i was working on a project in the library because honestly, i didn't want them to know. this felt like something only cyrus and i needed to know about and we both agreed.

i was walking into school on friday and i was surprisingly in a very good mood. even if cyrus isn't the happiest person, he made me the happiest version of myself. just his presence seemed to calm me and make me feel at ease. andi would say the exact opposite.

my mood was quickly deflated though when kira walked up to me. i've been able to dodge her this whole week and although it was challenging, it was worth it. by the look on her face i could tell she was mad. even though i hate to admit it, i know kira pretty well. i mean she's been following me around for the past 2 years i was bound to learn something.

"have you been avoiding me?" she asked with a fake pout on her face. i don't understand how she hasn't taken a hint. it's actually infuriating that she doesn't know. that she's that oblivious.

"what if i was?" was what i said back and i continued walking. i didn't want her to ruin my mood but she needed to know that i don't want her near me.

"you've been spending a lot of time with that cyrus kid. the guy that looks like a piece of shit." kira stated and the fact that she said that about him unnerved me. she had no right.

"so what if i am? i'm just being a good person. he's a lot nicer than he seems." she just rolled her eyes at my statement. "listen kira i don't have time for your games. i'm done with them. if you couldn't tell i'm not interested in you." i had finally snapped back. i walked away until i heard her speak.

"but i do what you are interested in..." the tone of her voice was full of suspicion and ignorance. i spurned around and saw the smirk that i knew would be on her face. she knew something. something that no one else knows. but i wanted to test her.

"what the hell are you talking about?" i tried not to sound nervous but i was. if she knew that i was gay, maybe she had taken my hints after all. maybe me being obvious about how uninterested i was, hurt me in the end.

"kippen don't pretend i don't know. i've known since i first met you. i was waiting until someone like cyrus came along so i could lock you in." she had such evil in her voice i was scared. why should i be afraid of her?

"what do you mean someone like cyrus?" i asked slowly. if she did anything to cyrus, i swear i would kill her. ok maybe that was too harsh but cyrus didn't deserve any harm. but i knew he already received it.

"someone you are actually interested in." she said with an even wider smirk.

"i don't like him like that." i denied her assumption even though it wasn't entirely true. but there was no way in hell i was going to tell her that.

"well you are interested in guys, right?" she said once again with that unnerving voice. i knew what she was doing. she was trying to manipulate me. it felt like she was martin and i was simon.

"what do you want from me, kira?"

"date me. make sure the world doesn't know your secret." she said and i felt my stomach dropped. she really was a manipulative bitch.